temporary Internet Files

Old August 12th 09, 05:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
venom762

Default temporary Internet Files

I remember that I was able to see icons and pages and Pict's from a
folder in vista but for the life of I can not remember how I got to it.

--
venom762
Old August 12th 09, 07:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jeff Richards

Are you referring to viewing the Temporary Internet Files folder from
Explorer?

If so, look in Internet Explorer \ Tools \ Internet Options. The location is
listed in the Browsing History - Settings dialog.

You might have to un-hide protected operating system files, depending on
your default settings.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

Old September 17th 09, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
bob

I too am looking for my Temporary Internet Files folder. I'm able to view
the folder location, path, and contents, via Internet Options on the Tools
menu, however, when I right-click on the Start button and choose Explore,
that folder is not available. Can you tell me how to view this folder using
the Explore option
--
Bob

Old November 21st 09, 10:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
bob

Jeff,

I'm sorry, yes, I am referring to the Temporary Internet files folder. In
the Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Browsing History/Settings/View
files options, I can view the address of the folder I'm lookong for as
"Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tempora ry Internet Files",
however, when I go to look for this folder using "Start/Explore", it doesn't
show up even though I have the "view hidden files and folders" checked off in
the Tools/Folder Options/View screen. Why doesn't this folder show?

Bob
--
Bob