LifeCam application crashes on Vista RTM

Old June 20th 07, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Larry

Default LifeCam application crashes on Vista RTM

I cannot get the camera to install once installation starts i get a msg you
do not have sufficient drive space or there is another problem. vauge to sy
the least. I have around 250 gig free and a new sony with 2meg memory and
meet all requirements from the box. I d/l the new software from microsoft but
no luck. I even tried to load from the safe mode thinking the administrator
situation everyone has was blocking me..... but no luck. any help?
--
bohol

"paulp" wrote:

I just installed the new Vista drivers and application for my VX-6000 from
the hardware site and while the drivers install fine and the camera seems to
work (tried it with Messenger), when I launch the application (LifeCam.exe),
I get the following error message: "LifeCam.exe has stopped working"

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, installed with the camera unplugged,
installed with it plugged in, rebooted etc. etc. No luck.

Is there anything I can check here?

Old January 5th 08, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
boylukky

Hi,
yesterday i bought lifecam vx-1000 and installed on my vista 32
home basic sys. and i can use the cam with yahoo msgr but the lifecam
application crashes while starting. i've uninstalled NERO (6.6
startsmart) s/w but it seems like uninstaller is not removing all files
and the problem persists. I have reinstalled lifecam many times but dint
work.
Does any know why it is having an issue with nero s/w. coz softwares
other than NERO may also cause the issue.

I spent lot of time (2 days) to resolve the issue and now im
frustrated with ....
Plz help me...Thanks in advance.

--Prasad

--
boylukky
boylukky's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=38985

http://forums.techarena.in

Old June 16th 09, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
magitekarmour

Thank you pal01110100 for your wisdom! Uninstalling my Nero Suite
solved the appcrash issue and now I am able to use the webcam's
software. : - )

To hell with Nero, haha.

--
magitekarmour