LifeCam application crashes on Vista RTM

Old January 25th 07, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PaulP

Default LifeCam application crashes on Vista RTM

I just installed the new Vista drivers and application for my VX-6000 from
the hardware site and while the drivers install fine and the camera seems to
work (tried it with Messenger), when I launch the application (LifeCam.exe),
I get the following error message: "LifeCam.exe has stopped working"

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, installed with the camera unplugged,
installed with it plugged in, rebooted etc. etc. No luck.

Is there anything I can check here?
Old January 26th 07, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jdr

"paulp" wrote in message
I just installed the new Vista drivers and application for my VX-6000 from
the hardware site and while the drivers install fine and the camera seems
work (tried it with Messenger), when I launch the application
(LifeCam.exe),
I get the following error message: "LifeCam.exe has stopped working"

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, installed with the camera
unplugged,
installed with it plugged in, rebooted etc. etc. No luck.

Is there anything I can check here?

Have you tried these drivers below?
I have the same camera but Vista Ultimate -
and it works fine for me, although the quality of picture and utilities
are
inferior to Logitech Webcam Orbit for Win XP . Unfortunately that are no
drivers from Logitech for this Webcam.

Microsoft LifeCam software updates are now available for the 32-bit and
64-bit editions of Windows Vista. Microsoft LifeChat products will be
available by February 2007; compatible Windows Vista software will be
available at product release.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/di...indows%20Vista

Old January 26th 07, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PaulP

Thanks for the response JDR. Yes, I'm using the "RTM" drivers posted to the
/hardware site. That's what's so frustrating!

Old January 27th 07, 02:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Slavin

Paulp,

I'm experiencing the same problem with the "RTM" version of Ultimate and the
"RTM" software for my LifeCam 3000. The camera and microphone work fine with
Messenger, it's when you try to run the LifeCam software the application
stops working and needs to be closed. Frustrating indeed! I'll let you know
if I find anything out.
--
Slavin

Old January 27th 07, 08:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jaime

Hi,

Same case here. I'm using RTM version of Vista Enterprise and Vista
Drivers and Applicaiton for VX-6000. The camera works fine with
Windows Live Messenger, but when I try to open LifeCam application I
get the error message: "lifecam has stopped working".

Jaime

Old January 29th 07, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Aaron

Default same issue

Ditto, same problem here.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Old January 30th 07, 08:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hugh Jass

FUnny, everything works fine for me. I have the lifecam VX3000 and Vista
Ultimate RTM. Installed fine and ran fine.

"Aaron" wrote in message ...
Ditto, same problem here.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Old January 30th 07, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
espoir

I had the similar problem but the problem was gone after installing update
for Vista KB925528 from he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925528

Try this....

Old January 31st 07, 11:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RedDragonIII

Same here. I'm using RTM version of Vista Ultimate Vista
Drivers and Applicaiton for VX-6000. The camera works fine with
Skype and others IM, but when open LifeCam application I
get message:"lifecam has stopped working".

Regards,
Pawel

get the error message: "lifecam has stopped working".
ps.com...