No Hard Disk Found

Old August 25th 09, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mike6493[_2_]

Default No Hard Disk Found

mewookie;4584737 Wrote:
I am having the same problem. I have:
intel dx58so mother board
intel i7 processor
seagate 1.5tb 32mb sata hd
i dont think all the other stuff matters at this point.

On start up it says 'hard disk not found' but in the bios it shows all
the hd info. I have tried changing out all the cables. I have tried
using a different sata port on the mother board. I have tried changing
bios settings and reset them when non of the changes helped. I have
the
dvd drive set to load 1st but never get the option to 'boot from cd'
so
i can not do a clean install. I'm at a total loss what to do next. I
can hear the hd spinning but still getting no where. it sucks i spent
lot on this build and am unable to get it to run. any help would be
wonderful.

--
mewookie

Hey dude thats the same exact thing thats going on with me with the
same intel dx58so mother board and i7 setup only thing is I didnt go
with a huge HD, just a 600gb western digital, and its new so I dont
think its just bad. Yeah I cant do anything because I get that message
"hard disk not found" and it just forces me in to bios so I cant install
OS.
I tried some of the stuff from the earlier replies and all the stuff
youve done, nothing seems to work Im going to go and try some of the
later posters suggestions. Tell me if you get it to work at all. Oh and
thanks to everyone for trying to help.

Edit----- I tried Frank-FL's and others advice and still got nothing.
No changes in the boot order will let me get around the No HD found
screen and let me install windows. So unless anyone else has any ideas
I'm going to go with its the HD thats bad and try to get another one
because Im out of things to try.

--
mike6493
mike6493's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/124770.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old August 26th 09, 05:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Frank-FL

"mike6493" wrote in message

mewookie;4584737 Wrote:
[...]

Another thought that happened to me once on a friends PC. There might
be something in the HDD's MBR. Try using the manufacturers
diagnostic, to completely write zeros to the drive then use the test
the drive.