I have 14000+Mb's on my graphics card and I cant install a game because it says there is not enough memory but the game only needs 64mb's help.

Old August 16th 09, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
fluffyflirt

Default I have 14000+Mb's on my graphics card and I cant install a game because it says there is not enough memory but the game only needs 64mb's help.

the game has installed but once tryin to load it says this

Error3: Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for ( The
game) (suberror 7). Your video card must support hardware acceleration
and have at least 15 megabytes of video Ram available. i fyour video
card doesnt support compressed textures it must have at least 64
megabytes if video RAM available.

I have tried going into the display settings and advanced settings then
troubleshooting but my computer does not allow me to change it as the
icon is grayed out.

the details of my graphics card are

operating system: windows vista tm home premium (6.0, build 6001)
manufacturer: Advent
Model: QC8003
processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs),
2.3ghz
Memory : 8124MB RAM
Page file: 1996MB used, 14303MB available
if thats any help if you can tell me any way to bypass my system so i
can install the game thanx

--
fluffyflirt
fluffyflirt's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125533.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old August 16th 09, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nomore

What game?
What video card?
If your computer has only motherboard graphics you are SOL.
The latest/greatest games will only play on discrete graphics cards of the
last two or three generations.

Old August 16th 09, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael Walraven[_3_]

You have provided details of your basic computer, not those of your video
card.

If the 'Advanced settings' is grayed out, then you probably have not
installed the drivers for your display card. Download and install the latest
drivers from the manufactures site.

You can find the type of display card installed by:
Start Orb
Right click on Properties
Left column click on Device Manager
Open Display Adapters

report what that is and perhaps someone can help.

Michael

Old May 2nd 10, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
archie123

according to the spec its a 512mb 9600gt , it should be fine , what
drivers are you running?

--
archie123