Vista Banter

-   -   cant print (http://www.vistabanter.com/169126-cant-print.html)

mikx007 August 17th 09 02:17 PM

cant print

I cant print on my dell xps 410 with vista and a HP photosmart 8450 can
someone help?

mikx007 August 17th 09 02:34 PM

cant print

"mikx007" wrote:

I can't print on my dell xps 410 with vista and an HP photosmart 8450 or a Canon or a Lexmark inkjet can
someone help? My print.dll.mui file is corrupt and I can delete and replace because of the vista file permission restrictions. Does any one know how to change these file permissions on the restricted files?

whs[_8_] August 17th 09 02:41 PM

cant print

Maybe you have a driver problem. Download the driver from he 'Select
your operating system HP Photosmart 8450 Photo Printer'
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=us&y=10&x=13)

--
whs

mikx007 August 17th 09 03:08 PM

cant print

Thanks but I already have downloaded the latest driver. My add printer
wizard has stopped responding to any printer so I know its not a printer
driver problem. Its a system file problem. I scanned my system files and it
indicated my print.dll.mui file was corrupted. How can I fix that? Thanks

whs[_8_] August 17th 09 05:10 PM

cant print

Try SFC /SCANNOW (note the blank after the slash (/) in Command Prompt
(run as admin).

--
whs