Logitech MX 310 Mouse

Old August 27th 09, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ajelin

Default Logitech MX 310 Mouse

After upgrading to x64 my mouse no longer functions as anything but a 2
button mouse with a scroll wheel. Logitech says that the Vista Native
Drivers are sufficient to use but they are not. I have always used
Mouseware which allows me to select the wheel as double click and the
other buttons to be set for what I wanted.

In one of the threads in the Developer newsgroup I saw that someone
named
Choli had found a solution but she was a guest and never replied when
someone asked her for the solution.

Does anyone know the solution to getting Mouseware like driver(s) to
give this mouse the same functions?

--
ajelin
Old August 27th 09, 05:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Galt

ajelin wrote:

After upgrading to x64 my mouse no longer functions as anything but a 2
button mouse with a scroll wheel. Logitech says that the Vista Native
Drivers are sufficient to use but they are not. I have always used
Mouseware which allows me to select the wheel as double click and the
other buttons to be set for what I wanted.

In one of the threads in the Developer newsgroup I saw that someone
named
Choli had found a solution but she was a guest and never replied when
someone asked her for the solution.

Does anyone know the solution to getting Mouseware like driver(s) to
give this mouse the same functions?

Logitech states that Mouseware for the 300-series isn't
Vista-compatible and that native Vista drivers are all that is needed
for "basic functionality". Sounds like the fancy stuff is gone.

Solution: buy an MX400 or better.
Old August 27th 09, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ajelin

Thanks John, appreciate the answer. Read my follow-up post and, if that
solution doesn't solve my problems, I will indeed invest in a new mouse.

--
ajelin
Old August 27th 09, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Galt

ajelin wrote:

Thanks John, appreciate the answer. Read my follow-up post and, if that
solution doesn't solve my problems, I will indeed invest in a new mouse.

WHAT follow-up post? If you started a different thread to deal with
this same situation, then you fooked up.
Old August 27th 09, 06:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ajelin

I didn't "fook up", after I posted I googled and sammed around to find
some solution as I feel, like many others, that many manufacturers are
abandoning updating their legacy equipment drivers.

I was referring to the post immediately after my initial post, which
strangely enough, I found on the Logitech site. I would think that they
would refer people to this link.

"I am answering my own post but still welcome any other possible
solutions since I am not at home so I have to wait until I get there to
try this. If anyone has tried this please let me know if it worked.

Go to this link for answer:
'http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/42...=us,en?osid=13'

Old August 27th 09, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Galt

ajelin wrote:

I didn't "fook up", after I posted I googled and sammed around to find
some solution as I feel, like many others, that many manufacturers are
abandoning updating their legacy equipment drivers.

I was referring to the post immediately after my initial post, which
strangely enough, I found on the Logitech site. I would think that they
would refer people to this link.

You thunk wrong. Logitech's site is a dedicated support forum, not a
Usenet gateway.

Old August 27th 09, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

For many different reasons you should never assume that everybody reading a
post has any previous posts on their system so you should always include
them in your post.

Old August 27th 09, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ajelin

"ajelin" wrote in message

[...]

OK, you're probably right. I belong to several Photoshop forums and
almost all want to eliminate all but the last few posts in the thread.

My assumption that since this is a forum anyone interested enough or
responsive will have read all of the posts, as I do, when I want to see
why the post was initiated in the first place.

--
ajelin
Old August 27th 09, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Galt

"ajelin" wrote in message

[...]

You actually EXPECT us to go to the Logitech site to see if you posted
anything there????

Sorry... this is an all-volunteer group. You are expected to do some
of the work.
Old August 27th 09, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ajelin

John Galt;1121970 Wrote:

"ajelin" wrote in message

OK, you're probably right. I belong to several Photoshop forums

and
almost all want to eliminate all but the last few posts in the

thread.

My assumption that since this is a forum anyone interested enough

or
responsive will have read all of the posts, as I do, when I want

to see
why the post was initiated in the first place.

You actually EXPECT us to go to the Logitech site to see if you
posted
anything there????

*No, of course not*. I said that I found the answer on the Logitech
website, all of my posts were posted here, from the initial post to all
of the responses I got. I DID NOT post on the Logitech forum, I only
found the answer, according to them, to solving the issue. As I also
said, I am at work and won't be able to verify that the solution works
until I get home.

Sorry... this is an all-volunteer group. You are expected to do some
of the work.

I did do the work. I supplied a link to a possible solution to the
problem since on all the forums I visited about the inability for a
MX310 to act as other than a basic mouse, this was the first thing I
found that had a good chance of working.

--
ajelin