Mother board terms?

Old September 2nd 09, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
chan589

Default Mother board terms?

I was looking at some mother board today and I was so terms on it like
cha_fan,cpu_fan. what exactly are you suppose to plug into them? I'm
new to this so i was hoping if you could tell me...:huh:. I like to
know everything before i go off buying stuff to build a computer

--
chan589
Old September 2nd 09, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Natéag[_3_]

"chan589" a écrit dans le message de

I was looking at some mother board today and I was so terms on it like
cha_fan,cpu_fan. what exactly are you suppose to plug into them? I'm
new to this so i was hoping if you could tell me...:huh:. I like to
know everything before i go off buying stuff to build a computer

--
chan589

chu fan is chassis fan - the fan that cools your entire computer.
cpu fan is the computer power unit fan - connect the fan there
if your power unit does have such a connector. Most do.

Old September 2nd 09, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Vincent Mancini

chan589 wrote:

I like to know everything before i go off buying stuff to build a
computer

If this is the point you are at in that journey, then you should be
ready in three or four years.
Old September 2nd 09, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rojo Habe[_3_]

"Natéag" wrote in message

cpu fan is the computer power unit fan -

No it isn't. It's the CPU fan. This is the fan that sits on top of the
processor.

Old September 3rd 09, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
chan589

Vincent Mancini;1126920 Wrote:
chan589 wrote:

I like to know everything before i go off buying stuff to build a
computer If this is the point you are at in that journey, then you should be

ready in three or four years.

Well i know everything already...I kno that the cpu_fan is for the
mother board. But i haven't seen a cha_fan is. I just don't want to be
stuck with 800bucks of stuff

--
chan589
Old September 3rd 09, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dominic Payer[_2_]

The only one you really need is the cpu fan.

You can fit and control other fans if you want, but for the motherboard
to control the fan speed the fan header must have four pins.

You might want one or more system fans to blow air in or out of the
case. Suggested fan headers for these will usually be labelled cha_fan
(chassis fan)or sys_fan (system fan). A fan to cool your hard disks is a
good idea. It is possible to control and/or monitor your PSU fan if the
motherboard and PSU have suitable connections.

If there are too few fan headers you can always buy molex to fan header
adapters. You can leave fan headers unused.

If you want independent control of fan speeds you can get variable speed
fan controllers such as the Fanmate 2
http://www.zalman.co.kr/Eng/product/...ad.asp?idx=206.

Old September 3rd 09, 02:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David B.[_3_]

Well if you know everything already, why are you here asking questions?

cha stands for chassis, meaning a case fan.

--

------