Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

can't send emails

Old February 4th 10, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Rocknrobn

Default can't send emails

Here is my problem. Finally got Windows Live Mail to work fine. Yesterday I
sent out one e-mail and got the following error message:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Unknown'.

Subject 'Fw:Turbo Tax- Instant $10 Savings - One Week Only!'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.5.0 missing or malformed local part
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

I can still send and receive e-mails, but I cannot get rid of this error
message- every time I try and sync my mail, it comes up and I cannot delete
it. Driving me crazy- any suggestions?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Port 25 is not recommended for that mail server. Change it to port 465
with SSL. The correct settings are documented he
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"Don Ameche" wrote in message ...

"Don Ameche" wrote:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject
'6666', Account: 'Ameche', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '553 From address not verified - see
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

.

Old February 5th 10, 01:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bruce Hagen

You aren't using Yahoo, so your problem is completely different from the
OP's.

Change the SMTP port to 587 and make su My Server Requires
Authentication is checked.

How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live
Mail for Comcast email?
http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq...s.ashx?Id=2288
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Rocknrobn" wrote in message
Here is my problem. Finally got Windows Live Mail to work fine.
Yesterday I
sent out one e-mail and got the following error message:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and
read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Unknown'.

Subject 'Fw:Turbo Tax- Instant $10 Savings - One Week Only!'

Old February 5th 10, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
slk759

"The rejected e-mail address was 'Unknown'."

Did you address it? Also, you could be having interference from your
antivirus program - but I think we need to clarify addressing the email
first . . . . .

"Rocknrobn" wrote in message
Here is my problem. Finally got Windows Live Mail to work fine. Yesterday
sent out one e-mail and got the following error message:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Unknown'.

Subject 'Fw:Turbo Tax- Instant $10 Savings - One Week Only!'

Old February 5th 10, 03:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Sam Hobbs[_2_]

If there is no recipient, then Windows Mail will complain that the message
cannot be sent. It won't even try. So the AV problem is the likely one.

"Rocknrobn" wrote in message
Here is my problem. Finally got Windows Live Mail to work fine. Yesterday
sent out one e-mail and got the following error message:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and
read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Unknown'.

Subject 'Fw:Turbo Tax- Instant $10 Savings - One Week Only!'

Old February 5th 10, 06:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

Open the Outbox folder and delete all messages in that folder.
At least one message in your Outbox folder appears to be corrupt.

--

"Rocknrobn" wrote in message ...
Here is my problem. Finally got Windows Live Mail to work fine. Yesterday I
sent out one e-mail and got the following error message:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Unknown'.

Subject 'Fw:Turbo Tax- Instant $10 Savings - One Week Only!'

Old May 2nd 10, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"jah wobble's granny" jah wobble's wrote in message ...
Gary. Thank you very much. This advice fixed my problem.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

The key part of the error message is "relaying not allowed."
When you got that error message, was your Internet connection coming
from Cox?

Try this:
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. Click OK.
Now try sending.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen

"Kelly" wrote in message ...
I can not send outgoing mail in windows mail. I called my internet company
and they cant figure it out either. I can receive, but i can't send. someone
please help.. this is the error message i get....

Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.1.1 relaying not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Old September 12th 10, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
orangecami

"Roger" wrote:

Changed the ports and have "verified" the email. Still get

The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject 'test',
Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '553 From address not verified - see
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html',
Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

"Rocknrobn" wrote in message
Here is my problem. Finally got Windows Live Mail to work fine. Yesterday
sent out one e-mail and got the following error message:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and
read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Unknown'.

Subject 'Fw:Turbo Tax- Instant $10 Savings - One Week Only!'

"Don Ameche" wrote in message

"Don Ameche" wrote:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not
be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving
this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and
read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need
help determining the proper server settings, please contact your
e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject
'6666', Account: 'Ameche', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP,
Server Response: '553 From address not verified - see
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

.

.

hey guys..when I try to send a message first it appears an error box saying
that one or more messages in my outbox do not have a valid account
specified. would u like to use ur default account to send these
messages?..and than I click yes and than I get the wind security box which
requires the user name and password, I put them in but the box reappears
again and again! then I go to to tools-accounts-servers and I uncheck the box
with the authentication box, try to send the message again and than I get
this error message:

The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject
'application', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender
address rejected: Access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
554, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
Plz HELP!..I just dont get it..tried everything, nothing works!
Old September 12th 10, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

I explained this to you once before. AOL will not allow you to use
their SMTP server if the From address is from a domain other
than AOL.com.
Why aren't you using Yahoo's SMTP server?