Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

can't send emails

Old September 2nd 09, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Kelly

Default can't send emails

I can not send outgoing mail in windows mail. I called my internet company
and they cant figure it out either. I can receive, but i can't send. someone
please help.. this is the error message i get....

Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.1.1 relaying not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
Old September 2nd 09, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

The key part of the error message is "relaying not allowed."
When you got that error message, was your Internet connection coming
from Cox?

Try this:
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. Click OK.
Now try sending.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen

Old September 2nd 09, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Sam Hobbs[_2_]

See:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...9%20relay&ac=8

There are a few results there, but they seem to all be for Outlook and
Exchange Server and such. It might actually be a problem with the server,
but that is only a guess based on the results from above.

Old September 3rd 09, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Sinner

"jody jensen" wrote in message
has anyone figured out how to send emails with windows mail ?

Nope. Like you, we're all to stupid to have a computer.

Old September 3rd 09, 01:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dave[_29_]

Yes.

--
Windows 7 RC
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Kelly" wrote in message
I can not send outgoing mail in windows mail. I called my internet company
and they cant figure it out either. I can receive, but i can't send.
someone
please help.. this is the error message i get....

"I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining

Old September 3rd 09, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Nope. No one has figured it out. How could Microsoft release a mail
program that won't send???
Seriously, if you need help, right-click on your error message, copy,
then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Old January 3rd 10, 09:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Don Ameche[_2_]

"Don Ameche" wrote:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject
'6666', Account: 'Ameche', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '553 From address not verified - see
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Old January 3rd 10, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Port 25 is not recommended for that mail server. Change it to port 465
with SSL. The correct settings are documented he
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen