HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER

Old September 7th 09, 11:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
steve

Default HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER

Hello:

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire X1200 with Windows Vista 64 (Service
pack 1) pre-installed. While recognizing my HP Laserjet 1000 printer, it
does not accept the drivers from the disk with the printer and HP did not
make a 64 bit driver available for that model. Searching the web, several
solutions were proposed such as using a different driver or bypassing the
requirement for a signature but other users indicated they did not work
consistently nor did they work for me. Given that most of the suggestions
were made in 2007, at this late date does anyone know of a solution or an HP
1000 driver developed by an individual brilliant techy to demonstrate to the
world that David still exists and will prevail over Goliath every time.

Thanks

Steve

Old September 7th 09, 12:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Malke[_2_]

steve wrote:

Hello:

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire X1200 with Windows Vista 64 (Service
pack 1) pre-installed. While recognizing my HP Laserjet 1000 printer, it
does not accept the drivers from the disk with the printer and HP did not
make a 64 bit driver available for that model. Searching the web, several
solutions were proposed such as using a different driver or bypassing the
requirement for a signature but other users indicated they did not work
consistently nor did they work for me. Given that most of the suggestions
were made in 2007, at this late date does anyone know of a solution or an
HP 1000 driver developed by an individual brilliant techy to demonstrate
to the world that David still exists and will prevail over Goliath every
time.

No.

Find a printer that works with Vista 64.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old September 7th 09, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ken Blake, MVP

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 07:00:34 -0400, "steve"
wrote:

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire X1200 with Windows Vista 64 (Service
pack 1) pre-installed. While recognizing my HP Laserjet 1000 printer, it
does not accept the drivers from the disk with the printer and HP did not
make a 64 bit driver available for that model. Searching the web, several
solutions were proposed such as using a different driver or bypassing the
requirement for a signature but other users indicated they did not work
consistently nor did they work for me. Given that most of the suggestions
were made in 2007, at this late date does anyone know of a solution or an HP
1000 driver developed by an individual brilliant techy to demonstrate to the
world that David still exists and will prevail over Goliath every time.

This is one of the most common problems experienced by people who try
to use a 64-bit version of Windows (or even a newer version of 32-bit
Windows) with older printers and scanners. They can't get a driver for
their hardware. The manufacturers of the older printers and scanners
don't feel that it's worth their time and effort to develop new
drivers for older hardware they are no longer selling.

It is *always* a good idea to investigate driver availability before
going to a new version of Windows.

I'm afraid you're out of luck, and will almost certainly need to
replace your printer.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Old September 8th 09, 01:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chuck[_2_]

One possibility is to see if the printer has an "emulation" mode that may
allow the use of an available "generic" driver.
I haven't used an HP 1000 for years, and have forgotten if it has that
capability.

Old September 8th 09, 02:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Tom ferguson

Try the "Universal" PCL 6 driver for Windows Vista 64
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2100

Let us know.

Tom Ferguson