Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Where did my big fish games go

Old September 12th 09, 11:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Skippyd

Default Where did my big fish games go

Hi, I downloaded two new games from big fish today, they downloaded
fine, no problems, but, when I went on to the Play my games Icon -
Only the two new games were there and all the games I have downloaded in
the last two years had disappeared. Even the big Fish folder had gone
from my start menu.

Anyone got any ideas?? - This is so frustrating - I have emailed Big
fish but it may be a while before I get a reply.

It is going to take me ages to download all those games again (Two
years worth) !!
I have just upgraded to 20mb on Virgin -but even so it will still take
forever.

Is there any other way round this? Please help if you can.

PS: Keep it simple I am no 'techy'

Cheers Skip

--
Skippyd
Old September 13th 09, 05:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Andrew Murray[_8_]

I would say it went to some "temp" folder by default, unless you have set
your browser to download to another folder like "MY Downloads" or the
Desktop .

Most browsers let you specify a folder for your 'default' downloads folder,
such as Desktop, or the Windows-defined "Downloads" within your profile, or
the public accessible "Downloads" folder.

If you use Firefox, open the "Downloads" (under the Tools menu, select
"Downloads") log window, that might tell you. and you can right click and
open the folder the file(s) were downloaded to. That would at least give
you the location. Not sure if other browsers have a similar feature as far
as the downloads go.

Also if you go to Control Panel - Add Programs applet (or whatever it's
called in Vista), can you see these games installed there - it should list
any software installed.

Are these games just executable files that just run when you double click
the icon, or are they formally installed like any other application?

Old September 13th 09, 10:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Skippyd

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your reply, The games all run when the icons are
clicked on or when they are clicked on from the big fish games manager,
they are -or were installed on my computer. I have been in touch with
big fish customer services, who asked me to download a program called
"Hijack this" - which generated a report (all gobbledegook to me) anyway
I have sent them this report and hope that they can sort out the problem
for me. - I will post the results here when I get them. I do so hope I
do not have to re-download all those games again -
Thank you Skip

--
Skippyd

Old September 17th 09, 01:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Skippyd

Hello again,

Well, I sent the hijack log to bf games, and they sent me a email
telling how to wipe out the bf cache -and dwonload a little program that
would re-populate my games manager.. Only trouble was that my games were
on the F drive and after using there program they did not work either.
anyway ended up completely re-downloading all my games from BF to my
C:drive. took me all night and most of the next day. Still I have my
games back now - shame My head is banging. HO- HUM never mind - I just
really hope that this will not happen again EVER.

Thank you for you input

--
Skippyd