Printing to HP LaserJet 1300

Old October 10th 09, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Lem

Default Printing to HP LaserJet 1300

2120smak wrote:
No luck - same reaction from the pc, i.e. nothing.

When selecting add a printer I get a choice between "only use this if you do
not have have a usb-printer - windows installs usb-printers automatically
when connected" and "add a network printer, a wireless printer or a bluetooth
printer...."

"DL" wrote:

You've obtained the Vista drivers & installed as per hp instructions, which
usually means installing software/drivers prior to connecting the printer?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ies Id=238320

"2120smak" wrote in message
There seems to be no way to make my Sony Vaio with Vista print to my HP
LaserJet 1300 - any suggestions on how to make this work?

Are you sure that the LJ1300's USB port is working?

Vista does have a built-in driver for the LJ1300. The problem is getting
the special HP DOT4 port.

Just ignore the warning in the Add A Printer Wizard to "only use this if
you do not have have a usb-printer."

I'm not sure what besides HP's printer status monitor will *not* work
without the DOT4 port, but it's worth a try.

Alternatively, you could try HP's "Universal Print Driver" for Vista
(although it looks like a big mess to me):
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=us

Be sure choose the correct one (Vista or Vista 64-bit) and read the
install instructions.
--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ap...0th/index.html

Old February 12th 10, 07:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
ravikanji

Hp 1300 deskjet doesn't work with vista 64 bit. How to solve this
problem?

--
ravikanji

Old February 12th 10, 11:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
DL[_3_]

Yes it does;
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&lang=en&cc=uk

Old February 12th 10, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Bill Leary

"ravikanji" wrote in message
Hp 1300 deskjet doesn't work with vista 64 bit. How to solve this
problem?

There is no DeskJet 1300 on the HP support site, but there is support for
their D1300 series.

If it actually says "1300" on the front of the printer, find the data plate
(near the power line or perhaps on the bottom) and get the exact model
number. HP does had support for these:

DeskJet D1311
DeskJet D1320
DeskJet D1330
DeskJet D1341
DeskJet D1360

See
http://search.hp.com/query.html?lang... charset=utf-8

They all appear to have drivers for Vista 64 bit.

- Bill

Old March 26th 10, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
yahnump

My HP Laserjet 1300 works fine w/ my Vista x64. I downloaded PCL6
drivers for Vista from 'HP LaserJet 1300 Printer series*-* Download
drivers and software - HP Business Support Center'
(http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2100)
installed then plugged in the printer.

(Laser, not deskjet)

--