Windows Easy Transfer

Old September 29th 09, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
brau98

Default Windows Easy Transfer

When I downloaded the Windows Easy Transfer utility for a 32 bit version of
Windows Vista (Windows6.0-KB928635-x86) for file transfers to Windows 7 it
will not install. I receive an error message that says, "The update does not
apply to your system." But my system is a 32 bit version of Vista. I am
trying to get prepared for my Windows 7 version that will arrive in October.
Does anyone have any idea why I would be getting this error message? Thanks.
Old September 30th 09, 09:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Richard G. Harper

Installs fine here. Check the usual culprits - that you downloaded the
correct file, that the download is not corrupt, that you have not already
installed the update, that you have rebooted recently, etc.

Old September 30th 09, 10:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
brau98

"brau98" wrote in message
When I downloaded the Windows Easy Transfer utility for a 32 bit version
of
Windows Vista (Windows6.0-KB928635-x86) for file transfers to Windows 7 it
will not install. I receive an error message that says, "The update does
not
apply to your system." But my system is a 32 bit version of Vista. I am
trying to get prepared for my Windows 7 version that will arrive in
October.
Does anyone have any idea why I would be getting this error message?
Thanks.

Well I tried all the usual stuff with no success. I would welcome any other
thoughts that might help. Thanks.
Old October 28th 09, 06:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bruce Robb

Default Easy Transfer

I'm having problems getting Easy Transfer to work. It keeps claiming I'm logged on under a temporary password; says I should restart and try again. This does no good.

So I tried reinstalling it. After searching for updates, I got the message that the update did not apply to my system.

It seems that Easy Transfer is not a program, per se. It is a Windows Update. If you look in your Update History, you may find it as:
Update for Windows (KB928635). Double-clicking the item in the Update History list shows that it's Windows Easy Transfer for Windows 7.

You should also see what looks like a regular program in your Vista program list, above the folders, in between Windows DVD Maker and Windows Live Messenger or Windows Mail.

brau98 wrote:

Windows Easy Transfer
30-Sep-09

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

Well I tried all the usual stuff with no success. I would welcome any other
thoughts that might help. Thanks.

On Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:18 PM
brau98 wrote:

Windows Easy Transfer
When I downloaded the Windows Easy Transfer utility for a 32 bit version of
Windows Vista (Windows6.0-KB928635-x86) for file transfers to Windows 7 it
will not install. I receive an error message that says, "The update does not
apply to your system." But my system is a 32 bit version of Vista. I am
trying to get prepared for my Windows 7 version that will arrive in October.
Does anyone have any idea why I would be getting this error message? Thanks.

On Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:11 AM
Richard G. Harper wrote:

Installs fine here.
Installs fine here. Check the usual culprits - that you downloaded the
correct file, that the download is not corrupt, that you have not already
installed the update, that you have rebooted recently, etc.

On Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:31 AM
brau98 wrote:

Windows Easy Transfer
"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

Well I tried all the usual stuff with no success. I would welcome any other
thoughts that might help. Thanks.

Floating box in javascript
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...javascrip.aspx
Old January 10th 10, 06:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Czechmate

I have downloaded the same update (Windows6.0-KB928635-x86) as a Windows
Easy Transfer ver.6.1, while I had a ver. 6.0. It downloaded OK, checked
that in Windows Update, update installed successfully. When I checked my
version of Windows Easy Transfer in Start-All
programs-Accessories-System tools I can see still version 6.0.
Tried to install it again, but this time computer saying that "this
update doesn't apply".
What I found out, update KB928635 appears in my computer as "WINDOWS
EASY TRANSFER FOR WINDOWS 7", ver.6.1 ; while "windows easy transfer" is
ver. 6.0.

I can find "windows easy transfer for windows 7" under "program files"
and/or in Start menu in between other windows programs.
Working good for me.

Good luck

--
Czechmate
Old March 17th 10, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
John

Is there any resolution to this?
I am having the same problem. When I click the download button on the MS
website, there is a popup saying "checking for updates". I then get a message
saying "the update does not apply to your system" and closes itself. That's
it. No other info. It does not even say *what* update does not apply to my
system, or why I would need an update (I have already installed all recent
updates).