HP refusing to provide printer drivers for Photosmart 1115

Old February 10th 07, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Mike

Default HP refusing to provide printer drivers for Photosmart 1115

I can relate to your fury! I get the same message with my HP scanjet 3300c
scanner. Nice way to lose customers for HP. I think; why would I want
another product from them when they are not willing to write the driver for
a perfectly good scanner?

"Suffolk Punch" Suffolk wrote in message
Hello all & Microsoft,

I have been trying to download a driver for the HP Photosmart 1115. HP
say:

We are sorry to inform you that there will be no Windows Vista printer
driver available for your HP product. Therefore your product will not work
with Windows Vista.
If you are using the Windows Vista operating system on your computer,
please
consider upgrading to a newer HP product that is supported on Windows
Vista.
HP has numerous products on the market that support Windows Vista:
http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/home_flash.html

This is outrageous, I am going to have to junk my perfectly good printer.
Can some pressure be applied to HP...its only writing a printer driver !

Alex

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

Old March 6th 07, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
VISTA_BOY

As consumers, we actually have the final decision power: I took my new
VISTA-loaded HP computer back when I discovered all the cmpatability
problems.

Hp blames VISTA, MS blames HP, no-one wants to support old printers....FINE !
I don't need to spend my money to be frustrated.

Int the past, I have always used PCs, but this is nmow a big incentive for
me tro check out Macs and alternative PC operating systems.
have you noticed the relative directions of MS, HP, and Apple stocks lately ?

Old March 7th 07, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Kirk

So why not stick with XP if you're having such problems. I'm able to do
just about everything I need to with my HP-7210 using the native Vista
drivers. Assuming HP ever does come out with a full software package, then
I'll be happy. But right now I'm doing just fine.

Kirk

Old March 7th 07, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jeffrey S. Sparks

Try using the Builtin Businessjet 1200 printer driver. I have an HP
Photosmart 1215 (the version right after the 1115) and it works fine with
that driver.

This is a problem with HP not Microsoft as MS is not responsible for writing
drivers for other companies devices. It just sucks because we as consumers
get caught in the middle during an upgrade of this type.

Jeff

Old March 8th 07, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
VISTA_BOY

"effrey S. Sparks" wrote:

This is a problem with HP not Microsoft as MS is not responsible for writing
drivers for other companies devices. It just sucks because we as consumers
get caught in the middle during an upgrade of this type.

Actually, from the information I have gathered, it s a WORKS 8 (8.5 ?)
problem. WORKS spreadsheets are refusing to print under many different
brands and models of printers.
HP does bear some responsibility, in that they seem to have marketed
computers without even verifying that HP printers work with the software
bundled with the computer. But every other application, even other WORKS
documents, print fine....just not spreadsheets.

HP also loses credibility by not having VISTA-ready software ready for even
recent model printers. The VISTA-supplied print driver works OK with my PSC
2210, but I have lost all the bundled productivity software, such as HP
Director, that came with the printer.

There is enough blame to go around; it just ****es me off that there has
obviously not even been a minimal basic set of tests done on this new
op-system.
Old March 28th 07, 01:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chuck L.

I recently upgraded my PC and it came with Windows Vista. I have three HP
peripherals (2 printers and 1 scanner - the latter being an expensive item,
less than 5 years old). NONE of the three will install, because HP provides
no drivers for them compatible with Windows Vista. Incredible!
Just some comments about David Hearn's points:
1. Microsoft may not write drivers, but it seems they have some
responsibility to their customers to produce operating systems that are
compatible with existing equimpment - be it HP or other brands.
2. I beg to differ. Older versions of Microsoft's operating system become
increasingly incompatible with various applications, forcing users to upgrade
in order to function. When I purchased a new PC, Windows Vista was my only
choice.
3. I called HP, and was told that they don't plan to provide any
Vista-compatible driver upgrades for any of their products older than 24
months (not 5 years). Now that's ridiculous! I don't care how much time it
takes to provide an appropriate driver, HP and MS have the resources to do it.
4. The new PCs I hade to choose from don't come with Windows XP. Besides,
if I did get a copy of XP, it's just a matter of time before MS quits
providing support and upgrades, and I'll have to get Vista anyway.
The bottom line is that HP and MS are in this to make as much money as
possible, and the more often they can get everyone to buy new software and
hardware, the better it is for them. They have little motivation to do
otherwise.

"David Hearn" wrote:

4 things, similar to what I said to the original poster.

1.) Microsoft do not write drivers. That's up to the hardware
manufacturers to do.
2.) No one (certainly not Microsoft) forced you to move to Vista
3.) The printer was released over 5 years ago (ie. before Windows XP)
4.) The printer still works in XP, so nothing has suddenly broken the
printer

Ken Scott wrote:
I have a photosmart 1115 printer as well. It doesn't work with Vista. I
just bought new ink carts for it, it did work great under XP. This is
absurd, I DON'T WANT A NEW PRINTER, this one works fine, Microsoft you got
me again with Vista, Please provide the correct print driver!!

Old March 28th 07, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
DIBBSON

If you want to get your 1115 working, load a generic driver in windows.
it's very easy to do and it will allow you to have full function of your
printer. mine has been working since the day i installedl vista ultimate
64 bit.

--
DIBBSON
Old April 5th 07, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jo

The 1115 works great with the HP Photosmart 7200 driver included with Vista.
Install by saying you want to pick your own driver. Select HP and then
select the 7200. (There may be other HP drivers that it will work with also,
but this one works perfectly with my Vista setup.) So...it is even more
outrageous that HP won't "provide" a driver, as it already has drivers that
work with the 1115. They just want you to dump a perfectly good printer! My
next printer will not be a HP.

Old April 19th 07, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
repo

"DIBBSON" wrote:

If you want to get your 1115 working, load a generic driver in

windows.
it's very easy to do and it will allow you to have full function of

your
printer. mine has been working since the day i installedl vista

ultimate
64 bit.

--
DIBBSON

After installing a high speed pci parallel adapter to my new computer
(PCI-CARD) I installed the printer with the 7200 driver. Works Great!!
Thanks

--
repo
repo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24848

http://forums.techarena.in

Old December 30th 07, 03:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
zanw

I found a solution! uninstall printer. go to system and uninstall
generic printer driver. then go to printers in control panel.
Open and add printer. when asked what printer to install pick hp
photosmart 7200, when asked what port pick dot4
good luck

--
zanw