HP refusing to provide printer drivers for Photosmart 1115

Old January 2nd 08, 01:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tami528

Default HP refusing to provide printer drivers for Photosmart 1115

Thanks for the tip. My 1115 just printed its first test page since installing
vista 3 weeks ago. Phew!

"repo" wrote:

Jo;2727667 Wrote:
The 1115 works great with the HP Photosmart 7200 driver included with
Vista.
Install by saying you want to pick your own driver. Select HP and
then
select the 7200. (There may be other HP drivers that it will work with
also,
but this one works perfectly with my Vista setup.) So...it is even
more
outrageous that HP won't "provide" a driver, as it already has drivers
that
work with the 1115. They just want you to dump a perfectly good
printer! My
next printer will not be a HP.

"DIBBSON" wrote:

If you want to get your 1115 working, load a generic driver in

windows.
it's very easy to do and it will allow you to have full function of

your
printer. mine has been working since the day i installedl vista

ultimate
64 bit.

--
DIBBSON

After installing a high speed pci parallel adapter to my new computer
(PCI-CARD) I installed the printer with the 7200 driver. Works Great!!
Thanks

--
repo
repo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24848

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 30th 08, 12:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Turizzmo

Using the 7200 series driver did the trick. Thanks a ton everyone!!

It really is upsetting that HP can't supply a driver though, or at
least the answer given here in this forum. I don't think my next
printer will be HP.

Thanks again

--
Turizzmo
Turizzmo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47728

Old January 20th 09, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Bpalm@aol

just installed my photosmart 1115 with the 7200 driver and it appears to
be working fine:thankyou

--
Bpalm@aol
Bpalm@aol's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bpalm-aol.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old February 27th 09, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
VLeigh

Thanks so much! My Photosmart 1115 is connected via usb to Vista 64
Home Premium. I noticed that the Photosmart 7200 driver did not offer
the duplex (2-sided) printing option so I defined a second printer on
port dot4 and specified the HP Deskjet 970cse driver which seems to work
fine with just black & white text from Wordpad. From the test page, the
970cse driver uses far fewer files which may mean that it would not be a
good choice for printing images; I am not sure.

zanw;557024 Wrote:
I found a solution! uninstall printer. go to system and uninstall
generic printer driver. then go to printers in control panel.
Open and add printer. when asked what printer to install pick hp
photosmart 7200, when asked what port pick dot4
good luck

--
VLeigh
Old February 27th 09, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Sue R[_2_]

I was never so frustrated in my life. After reading everyone's blogs, I
finally solved the issue by selecting the dot4 port. It took 10 tries
but my hp 1115 is now operating. Thank you! Thank you! Thanks to
everyone.

--
Sue R
Sue R's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/sue-r.htm