How to change a directory junction point

Old October 2nd 09, 07:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jasper Freeman

Default How to change a directory junction point

Good Morning,

Recently I've been having problems with my Vista Ultimate.

1. It is my personal laptop with two users, me and Administrator.

2. While installing a program, I keep getting c:\Documents and Settings\All Users cannot be found. Install terminates.

3. When I do a dir /ad I see the following:

Junction Documents and Settings [y:\Users]
Junction Programs [y:\Users]

The laptop configuration is:
Intel Core 2 Duo Cpu T7700 2,40GHz
4GB RAM
32-Bit OS
RAID0 Harddrive (2x250GB)

The system has no Y: drive or partition. I have googled this problem and can find no solution.

So my questions a

1. How can I change the Junction points?
2. If I go the route of re-applying the original
system image, will I be able to use a backup to
restore programs that have already been
registered/activated (i.e. Office Home, etc.)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jasper
Very frustrated Vista user 8{.

Silverlight 2: Doing Data Part VII: Custom Binary Serialization
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...oing-data.aspx
Old October 2nd 09, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jasper Freeman

Hi All,

"Seek and ye shall find!"

I found the solution to the problem.

First, make a note of the directory(ies) that are linked. Then a simple rmdir will remove the linked directories.

Next, used mklink command (mklink /? for help) to recreate the hard- and symboliclinks.

Then everything should be back to normal.

I have to figure out how to scan all directories for links (to make sure that I don't have other ghost links on the system.)

Regards/Gr??

Jasper

Jasper Freeman wrote:

How to change a directory junction point
02-Oct-09

[...]

Generate Server Side Dropdown Menues
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...side-drop.aspx

Old October 2nd 09, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guest

dir c:\*.* /ad /s |find "JUNCTION"

Will list all junctions.
--
..

Old October 2nd 09, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guest

dir c:\*.* /ad /s |find "JUNCTION"

Will list all junctions.
--