Vista Business x64 & HP Deskjet 930C

Old January 28th 07, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Emil

Default Vista Business x64 & HP Deskjet 930C

Hi,
I've plugged my USB Printer (HP Deskjet 930C) and it's been installed
automaticaly by system. But when I try to print a document in MS Word 2003 I
get an error that my printer is configured wrong and printing cannot
continue. When I try to print a test page I get an error that printing test
paige failed. That's strange because the printer was installed without a
problem and device manager says that "device works fine". I also checked the
Hewlett Packard web site and there's an info that Vista contains drivers for
this printer and no new drivers are needed (and of course there are no new
drivers). So what should I do ? I had to switch back to Windows XP because I
need to have a working printer.

Emil.

Old January 28th 07, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Did the Website state that the X64 drivers were included in your RTM copy of
Vista?
Have you also tried WinUpdate to see if MS has them available for X64?

Old January 28th 07, 11:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dirty old man

I would check HP's site regularly.
Today they posted a couple of Vista drivers for my pc, and they are
also beginning to post when and if Vista drivers will be supplied for
their peripherals.

Old January 29th 07, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hugh Wyn Griffith

You did follow the instructions as laid out in the document you get on
the HP support page for the 930C about when what is on and when cables
are connected?

If all else fails you could try installing the HP software at this
location:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?
os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=60096&lang=en

and perhaps try the XP driver?

I got my very old HP Scanjet 5P to run by installing the old HP
Deskscan 2.39 software.