Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

cannot send and cannot delete from Outbox or Sent Items

Old October 8th 09, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Linda J

Default cannot send and cannot delete from Outbox or Sent Items

starting yesterday I had the above problems and it says there were ERRORS but
shows NOTHING in the ERRORS window.
Old October 8th 09, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Brink

Hello Linda,

Without an exact error message posted, it's hard to be sure what it may
be. It does sound like you may have a stuck message though. Try the
option in PROBLEM ONE of the tutorial below to see if they can help you
delete the stuck message.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62...-problems.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Old October 8th 09, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows
Mail over time. Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in the
WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

If no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

Old October 26th 10, 01:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Geoffrey Davy

I have two items in outbox express and they have too large attachments, I want know how to delete out of outbox and send attachments in a smaller amount at a time

On Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:49 AM Linda J wrote:

starting yesterday I had the above problems and it says there were ERRORS but
shows NOTHING in the ERRORS window.

On Thursday, October 08, 2009 12:08 PM Brink wrote:

Hello Linda,

Without an exact error message posted, it is hard to be sure what it may

--

On Thursday, October 08, 2009 3:22 PM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with =
Windows=20
Mail over time. Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan =
emails.

If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in =
the=20
WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

If no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

ERRORS but=20

ASP.NET Caching Concepts
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-concepts.aspx

Old October 26th 10, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bruce Hagen[_2_]

I didn't have to scroll to the bottom to know this was coming from an
Egghead. Doesn't anyone there know how to start their own thread?

This is a Windows Mail newsgroup. So, is your question about Outlook
Express in XP or earlier? Or is it about Windows Mail in Vista?

Useless text snipped

"Geoffrey Davy" wrote in message
I have two items in outbox express and they have too large attachments, I
want know how to delete out of outbox and send attachments in a smaller
amount at a time

ASP.NET Caching Concepts
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-concepts.aspx

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Oct. 1, 2004 ~ Sept. 30, 2010
Imperial Beach, CA

Old October 26th 10, 02:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

I have no idea what "outbox express" is. We can't help you unless
you identify exactly which email program you are using.

Old October 26th 10, 01:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve Cochran

Go to File | Work Offline and then go to the outbox and make sure it is set
to View | Current View | Show all messages and then delete the message.
Then go to Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced and set the
option to break apart messages that are a certain size and then set the
size. That will send large messages in pieces. You might also try reducing
the attachment size prior to attaching it.

steve