Win98 printer share is perpetually offline after rebooting Vista

Old October 21st 09, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
SlickRCBD

Default Win98 printer share is perpetually offline after rebooting Vista

On Oct 15, 12:31*am, SlickRCBD wrote:

Here's the final version of the batch file. The Win98 computer is
named Slickswintel, the Vista computer is gateway because I found that
slicksgateway was too long and causing problems, and the printer is
shared as hp812c. The local driver used is called HP DeskJet 812C".

Here's a question, what is the "proper" way to stick things in the
startup folder for all users under Vista Home Premium? I had a hard
time finding the correct folder and it seems I was doing things the
hard way and UAC went nuts asking me to confirm about 5 times. I miss
the "start menu programs" option under Windows 98.

I don't know why the paste-in didn't show up. It is only two lines.
I'll try again. Sorry I took so long, I don't normally read my own
posts.
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dl /n "hp812c" /c\\GATEWAY
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "HP812c" /c\\GATEWAY /f
"%windir%\inf\ntprint.inf" /r "\\Slickswintel\hp812c" /m "HP DeskJet
812C"