Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

LOGIN IN PROBLEM

Old October 19th 09, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Pastor Richard Orozco

Default LOGIN IN PROBLEM

ALSO HAVING PROB LEM LOGGING IN PASSWORD AND E-MAIL IS CORRECT
Old October 19th 09, 04:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Do you get an error message? If so, right-click on your error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

You have at least two other problems.
Your Caps Lock key is stuck.
Your spell check is not enabled.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

Old October 19th 09, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
MARCO JARAMILLO

Old October 20th 09, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'm

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Do you get an error message? If so, right-click on your error message,
copy, then Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17paste it into a reply here.

.

Old October 20th 09, 03:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Account: ''mail.comcast.net'', Server:

Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17

I also cannot get into my e-mail account. This is the error I get. Can you
help me please?

Old October 20th 09, 03:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

That symptom is usually caused by interference from an antivirus
program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Old March 10th 11, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Tom Evert

I keep getting a username and password box that says: LOGO to pop.charter.net and when I cancel it I get the following:

Account: 'pop.charter.net (1)', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17

Question: How do I get rid of the LOGO to pop.charter.net box that requires my username and password?

Thanks!

On Monday, October 19, 2009 12:44 AM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

Do you get an error message? If so, right-click on your error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We cannot do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20

You have at least two other problems.
Your Caps Lock key is stuck.
Your spell check is not enabled.

--=20

On Monday, October 19, 2009 1:50 PM MARCO JARAMILLO wrote:

On Monday, October 19, 2009 11:16 PM Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'm wrote:

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

On Monday, October 19, 2009 11:22 PM Account: ''mail.comcast.net'', Server: wrote:

Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17

I also cannot get into my e-mail account. This is the error I get. Can you
help me please?

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

On Monday, October 19, 2009 11:39 PM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

That symptom is usually caused by interference from an antivirus=20
program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"Account: ''mail.comcast.net'', Server:" =
POP3,=20
you=20

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Execute Long Running ASP.NET Process on a Background Thread
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...nd-thread.aspx

Old March 11th 11, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Robert Wolfe[_4_]

On 3/10/2011 5:35 PM, Tom Evert wrote:
I keep getting a username and password box that says: LOGO to pop.charter.net and when I cancel it I get the following:

Account: 'pop.charter.net (1)', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17

Question: How do I get rid of the LOGO to pop.charter.net box that requires my username and password?

Thanks!

You might want to give these steps a try:

1. You pressed the cancel button.

2. If you pressed cancel because it is taking forever or it seems to
keep timing out then this is a possible corruption of the pop3uidl file.
Close your internet connection and all programs. Search for the file
pop3uidl and delete it. Reconnect and it should work.

2. Repeat step 1 with a reboot before you check your mail again.

3. You may have a corrupt or a very large file attachment on the
mailserver. Large file attachments, mail that are missing headers, or
mail that do not conform to the mail RFC's can cause this.

What I would do is trying checking for item #3 if your ISP has web-based
email access and look for anything that might look like a corrupt email
message, delete that message, and try again. As you may or may not
know, POP3 pretty much always requires a username and password
combination be sent before any kind of mail transfer can begin between
your mail client and the POP3 server.