Where did my faxes go? No sent items?

Old October 25th 09, 03:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jerry

Default Where did my faxes go? No sent items?

I do remember this was an issue when I switched from XP to Vista. I solved
it then, but don't remember the solution.
Now I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2007 Standard
and the issue is there again.

All my received faxes are in My Documents/Fax/Inbox and those that I sent
are in My Documents/Fax/SentItems.
When I run the Windows Fax and Scan app, I can see all the faxes from my
Inbox, but none from the sent items. Also, the ones in the inbox have all
the wrong info in the list: the sender for all is Microsoft Fax and Scan
Team, subject is Welcome to Windows Fax and Scan, the date is today, pages 1
and fax account Microsoft.

Can anyone please help me get it right, so that I can see all my received
and sent faxes and with correct information?

Old October 25th 09, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine[_2_]

Was this a clean install? Because that's not the Folder WFS uses for storing
faxes. WFS stores the faxes for your local account in
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\ or whatever its counterpart is in
Windows 7. It only uses your Documents folder for sample or welcome faxes
that install with the program.
Did you create a new fax account for WFS? Did you attempt to integrate WFS
with Outlook?
--
Russ Valentine

Old October 25th 09, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jerry[_18_]

It was a clean install. I created the folders in My Documents (copied them
from my backup).
I did create a new fax account. How do you integrate WFS with Outlook?

Old October 25th 09, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine[_2_]

Getting muddier. As I understand your reply, you moved faxes from your
previous Vista installation to the wrong location in Windows 7. That would
certainly explain why WFS would be unable to see them. Any other details
you've left out?
You don't need to integrate WFS with Outlook. You're the one who brought up
Office 2007 as if it were relevant. If you aren't using WFS with Outlook,
your Office version is not in play here.
--
Russ Valentine

Old October 25th 09, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jerry[_18_]

OK, let me clear the mud :-)
Sorry for not being clear in the first place.

I have placed my old faxes - true - in the place where WFS does not expect
them. But I (WFS) can see those that are in this "wrong" Inbox! Not those
in the - equally wrong - Sent Items. Can see the Inbox, yes, but with all
those erroneous entries for the basic info. Mistery?

Anyway, my question is the following: how can I get my old faxes to show
correctly in WFS on my new Windows 7 machine? I did try to place them in
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax, but that did not help.

Old October 25th 09, 11:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine[_2_]

No idea. Post in a Windows 7 group. This is a Vista group. I'm sure
Microsoft has provided for your every need with support of its brand new
product, right? I have no intention of trying Windows 7 until it has passed
muster, if it ever does.
--
Russ Valentine