Missing torrent files

Old October 30th 09, 08:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
oreo27

Default Missing torrent files

Zilius;1180237 Wrote:
Solved, it was in temporary Internet files all along. =(

vista apparently has a lot of safeguards within the TIF, its a long
winded step to open it folder by subfolder(have to go through dos to
delete some destop hidden file etc etc). However one guy suggest i copy
the exact address, and it was there all along, even though searching the
whole computer failed to find it.

thanks for your help anyway. have a nice day =)

Hey, it's nice to hear you have it again. No problem buddy, you too

--
oreo27

It's going to be Legend... Wait for it, wait for it.... dary.
Follow the bro code. It WILL save your life.
Old October 30th 09, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Hi, Zilius.

The TIF is best managed from inside Internet Explorer. Click Tools |
Internet Options. On the first tab, General, it's under Browsing History in
IE8; I've already forgotten what IE7 called it. But click the Settings
button there. In the next window you should see buttons to Move folder,
View objects and View files. This is where I bail out on you because I
always get lost after this point - except that I did long ago move my TIF to
another volume.

I learned many Windows/IE versions ago that files in the TIF are not
"normal". That "Content.IE5" folder is WEIRD! There are always 4
randomly-named folders and all seem to have mostly identical content.
Trying to find and delete a file in a Command Prompt window gets me into "a
maze of twisty little passages, all alike", to quote the ancient Adventure
game. :( I try never to go in there!

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

Old October 30th 09, 10:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Zilius

R. C. White;1180415 Wrote:
[...]

Does moving TIF to another volume changes the attribute of TIF?

I agree about the content.IE5 folder, noticed some totally random data
from ages before stored in there as well. However the folder is hidden no
matter how I mess with folder options. The only way I found so far to
access this file is if you type the full address linking to the IE5
folder, which then miraculously opens up.

--
Zilius

Old October 31st 09, 02:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Hi, Zilius.

Does moving TIF to another volume changes the attribute of TIF?

No. All it does is keep the TIF from using up disk space on the boot
volume, typically Drive C:. Many users need more room on that drive.

This can be even more helpful for those of us who dual-boot. We can point
IE from each of our OSes to the same folder on the "neutral" drive. (I put
them all into E:\TempInet.) Then check the box in Tools | Internet Options
| Advanced that says to Empty the TIF when the browser is closed. Since we
can't be running two OSes at once, each can use the same TIF without
conflict.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

Old October 31st 09, 02:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Hi, Zilius.