Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   Still Can't Delete a file (http://www.vistabanter.com/174444-re-still-cant-delete-file.html)

JoshinBuffalo November 7th 09 01:58 AM

Still Can't Delete a file

I fussed around without success. Then downloaded the freeware Unlocker
1.8.8, and it removed without a problem. Really frustrating that I couldn't
find a simple solution.

"Justin" wrote:

Windows Vista Ultimate 64.
I right click and hit delete on a file and I get
Item not found
This is no longer located in C:\Users\Justin\Downloads verify the items
location and try again.
The file is a MS Word docx, downloaded from my college's Blackboard system.
I booted into safe mode (under the admin account) and ended up with the
same message.
I was told this could possible be an issue with Temporary Internet files
and IE - I use Firefox. Nonetheless, I cleared out the TIF on both
browsers and the file is still there.
.