SideBar Gadget Problem

Old November 19th 09, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Arico

Default SideBar Gadget Problem

Hi my full desktop is filled with sidebar gadgets, but I am facing a strange problem, the gadgets keep on moving from right (hand side) to left, the movement though is very slow. I have found that it moves only when I start the laptop. Can I stop this movement.

--
arico
Old November 19th 09, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Charlie Tame

Is anything else on the desktop changing? I assume you mean that each
time you start the machine it has moved a little and I an thinking this
might be a resolution / video driver issue.

Old November 19th 09, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Arico

no only the sidebar gadgets are moving, it’s quite irritating since I have to rearrange it every week or so, which depends on how many times I have started the laptop, I have over 20 (from which 14 are world time) gadgets on the desktop which are undocked and few of them docked, now there is no problem with the docked once, its just the undocked once, which are moving.
I don’t see any resolution / video driver issue.

I also have widgets but they are not causing any problem, I just use them for a minute to see some messages.

Old November 20th 09, 02:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Charlie Tame

Then I am sorry I do not have an answer, could it be something to do
with "Auto Arrange". Can you post the make model of the machine, maybe
someone else here has seen similar problems.

arico wrote:

Hi my full desktop is filled with sidebar gadgets, but I am facing a strange problem, the gadgets keep on moving from right (hand side) to left, the movement though is very slow. I have found that it moves only when I start the laptop. Can I stop this movement.

--
Please post back if you find the solution, it helps others. Thanks.

Charlie Tame
Old November 20th 09, 04:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
CrucialHoax

Try right clicking the moving gadget and see if there is a setting that
allows you to 'lock' it in place. If so, lock it in place and see if
that corrects the issue.

--
CrucialHoax
Old November 20th 09, 09:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Arico

The make of my laptop is as follows,

Acer Aspire 5735
Vista Home Premium
Mfg: Oct 2008

Old November 21st 09, 12:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

"arico" wrote in message

The make of my laptop is as follows,

Acer Aspire 5735
Vista Home Premium
Mfg: Oct 2008

Don't know about the make of the laptop but do all six items appear on right
click? There has been an update of the sidebar recently, did you
participate? If not, how about trying to update and then see what happens.
Otherwise an un- and a reinstall may be in order.

Harry.

Old November 21st 09, 02:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
webster72n

"webster72n" wrote in message

"arico" wrote in message

The make of my laptop is as follows,

Acer Aspire 5735
Vista Home Premium
Mfg: Oct 2008

Don't know about the make of the laptop but do all six items appear on
right click? There has been an update of the sidebar recently, did you
participate? If not, how about trying to update and then see what happens.
Otherwise an un- and a reinstall may be in order.

Ooops, that may not be possible, but if you have Spybot or Malwarebytes, you
can scan it with either program to see whether there is interference and
correct it in this way.

Harry.

Old December 3rd 09, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Checkup

Ok.. so I have a simular problem I've been fighting with for the last
week and may have some more tips on what I'm noticing is going on in
order to HELP someone ELSE come up with a cure =) (Im obviously not
smart enough)lol

My gadgets on Windows Vista keep moving "when I open up surtain
windows/ 'games' folder... it forces all the gadgets to squeeze over
uner the window...

It works fine on start up and shutdown once i was sure to remove all
the gadgets I wanted from it then closed the actually sidebar (had to be
sure to keep the gadget show in the bottom startup bar so I could easily
access it)

And I too find nothing to 'lock' the gadgets where they are arranged...
only options to bring to front...

And I have already reset and removed the entire software and reloaded
it on my computer.. pain.. but didn't change anything...

is there a LINK (if it is the case) that goes directly to a fixed

version of widows sidebar gadget that DoEs already have the lockable
gadgets, OR if there is 'code' we can dIREctLY just download and know
e'xaCtLy where to place it in our gadget files to make it work???

side vent to windows I have to surf through thousands of search

engines and forums only to find more questions and never finding the
simple basic fixes to issues that shouldnt be issues I'm so close to
burning every PC in our house as we need a computer but arent here to be
mechanics on every simple thing - seriously windows is bugging me to no
end... making me want to go back to the stone age. I wouldn't pay all
the money i spend on computers on a NEW car and have to constantly be
bringing it in to get 'fixed' while it keeps leaving me stranded on the
side of the highway when i have kids to pick up and mouths to feed... I
would burn the car... and get a completely different make and
model..hmmmmm.....