Fastest DSL Connection Type?

Old November 26th 09, 05:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Artreid

Default Fastest DSL Connection Type?

I have Verizon DSL with their supplied DSL Modem. The computer can be
connected to the moden via an Ethernet cable, USB or Wireless. It use to be
in past years Ethernet was the fastest internet connection. Is that still
true when compared to USB, and now USB 2 and Wireless?

Old November 26th 09, 05:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bullwinkle's news

"Artreid" wrote in message
I have Verizon DSL with their supplied DSL Modem. The computer can be
connected to the moden via an Ethernet cable, USB or Wireless. It use to
be in past years Ethernet was the fastest internet connection. Is that
still true when compared to USB, and now USB 2 and Wireless?

I may be wrong here but it seems to me that your speed is dependent on how
far you are from the Central office and the speed you are paying for.

The ethernet cable and the rest are functions of the distance. If you are
wanting to increase your speed you have to look at other providers. My
daughter-in-law says DSL is the stone ages and the fastest is conncting via
a cable connection.

I'm still using DSL but am contemplating switching over to cable.

USB and Wi fii have luittle to do with the connection speed.

Regards,

Old November 26th 09, 06:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Richard Urban

My opinion = Ethernet connection

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

Old November 26th 09, 07:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
CrucialHoax

DSL comes from a central office as stated above. Its limit is about 4
miles out from that central office, unless they have whats called an
remote terminal, which is a extender of service in simpler terms. So the
closer you are to those outputs, the greater the speed.

As far as getting the best connection in your home, sometimes WiFi is
faster than hardwiring it, it really depends on the set-up. With my
set-up I transfer files faster than copper with a bottom of the line
router. So really it all depends, but definitely stay away from a usb
connection. If your going to use a wired connection, use the ethernet
for sure.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions PM me, I'm
actually a DSL tech

--
CrucialHoax
Old November 26th 09, 11:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Richard G. Harper

In theory, the fastest connection will be Ethernet. But in reality, maximum
DSL speeds are so low that any of the connection types you've named have
plenty of bandwidth to carry the load for you.

Old November 26th 09, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
ray

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 00:15:08 -0500, Artreid wrote:

I have Verizon DSL with their supplied DSL Modem. The computer can be
connected to the moden via an Ethernet cable, USB or Wireless. It use to
be in past years Ethernet was the fastest internet connection. Is that
still true when compared to USB, and now USB 2 and Wireless?

The highest ethernet speed is faster than usb2 or the fastest wireless.