computer makes loud noise and lags.

Old December 3rd 09, 02:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nooger

Default computer makes loud noise and lags.

Sorry if this is the wrong section but, sometimes when im just on the
computer my computer will make a noise. I really dont know how to
describe the noise but its like when the fan in your room is turned to
like extra fast. Whenever the noise comes my computer just starts to
lag.

Anyone know whats causing this??
Thanks

--
nooger
Old December 3rd 09, 04:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LVTravel

"nooger" wrote in message

Sorry if this is the wrong section but, sometimes when im just on the
computer my computer will make a noise. I really dont know how to
describe the noise but its like when the fan in your room is turned to
like extra fast. Whenever the noise comes my computer just starts to
lag.

Anyone know whats causing this??
Thanks

--
nooger

Time to clean out the computer. What is happening is the fans are speeding
up to cool the processor. The processor is going into a slower mode to keep
from making so much heat. The faster the processor runs or the more load it
has on it the hotter it gets. If the fans have collected junk on the blades
or there is a layer of dust on the cooling fins the processor will overheat.

Turn off the computer, open the case (if desktop) and after grounding
yourself to the metal case blow out the junk collected in it. Also
carefully wipe the fins on the processor cooling fan (if equipped.) If
laptop I recommend taking to a reputable repair shop to open it up and clean
it out. Big box stores and geek squad types of places are NOT reputable for
working on computers.

Old December 3rd 09, 05:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ashvin

is your fans dusty?? you perhaps need to clean the fan of your processor
as well.. or can be your harddisk backing.. better open the case and
analyse where the noise is coming from..

--
ashvin

Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-

Old December 3rd 09, 05:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
CrucialHoax

It sounds to me that the noise your hearing is just the hard drive
searching and it might be taking awhile to find what its looking for
therefore the lag. Defrag the machine and see if it helps.

start search cmd right click the icon choose run as admin
accept the UAC prompt type in the command prompt window: defrag
%systemdrive% -v -w press enter

now let that run for awhile and then see if the problem persists...

--
CrucialHoax

Old December 3rd 09, 12:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Natéag[_4_]

It seems that it is running too hot.
The fans then run at full speed and the
CPU slows down.

BUT that is if your computer supports
that feature.

discussion : ...

Old December 3rd 09, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_6_]

Are you playing a game or using another very CPU and/or graphics card
application when this occurs?
If a Laptop, is the laptop sitting on a hard flat surface so that the fans
on the bottom can such air in and through the computer?
If a laptop and you suspect that the fans on the bottom have become clogged
I have found that I can such the dust out of the bottom fans with a vacuum
cleaner.