Vista Banter

-   Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/printing-faxing-scanning-vista/)
-   -   Ink Level indicator for Lexmark 5650 (http://www.vistabanter.com/175981-ink-level-indicator-lexmark-5650-a.html)

vkprivate December 5th 09 06:30 AM

Ink Level indicator for Lexmark 5650

Hello all,
I use LEXMARK 5650 and VISTA HOME BASIC 32 bit. After replacement of
colour ink cartridge (clone of course...) ink level indicator - ruler -
appears with a big questionary mark on it. Also, when I press setup
button on the printer and go to ink level settings I see questionary
mark "?". (For black ink I get a number, like 32%...). What can I do,
e.g. how to tell the system/driver that colour cartridge is FULL and how
to get rid of that questionary mark ?
Please, advise.

--
vkprivate

DL[_3_] December 11th 09 11:11 PM

Ink Level indicator for Lexmark 5650

Nothing to do with Vista, its a feature of your printer cartridges that have
a chip in them to identify a none makers cartridge.
Either buy original cartridges or ones guaranteed to be compliant.
Or do a google search for a fix

Leroy[_5_] December 12th 09 05:54 AM

Ink Level indicator for Lexmark 5650

Your issue can be resolved by purchasing "genuine" Lexmark ink
cartridges and not "clones".

See:http://www1.lexmark.com/content/en_u...e_always.shtml

JohnBrown1321 December 24th 09 06:15 AM

Ink Level indicator for Lexmark 5650

First try to update your driver and if this will not work then you have
to go for OEM cartridges.I think it might be a problem of your
cartridge.
'*Lexmark Ink Cartridges
*' (http://www.inkjetsuperstore.co.uk/le...ink-cartridges)

--