Advice on unclogging printer head

Old December 22nd 09, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
JohnBrown1321

Default Advice on unclogging printer head

Hi all,
I am very confuse with my printer.Its nor working properly.Some time it
will print and some time not.My friend said me that its a problem of
clogged head.So any one can give me some idea to solve this
problem?Please help me.

--
JohnBrown1321
Old December 22nd 09, 07:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Eric Shune[_2_]

"JohnBrown1321" wrote in message

Hi all,
I am very confuse with my printer.Its nor working properly.Some time it
will print and some time not.My friend said me that its a problem of
clogged head.So any one can give me some idea to solve this
problem?Please help me.

--
JohnBrown1321

how old is printer
what make is printer
do you use generic cartridges or 3rd party

Old December 23rd 09, 04:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
JohnBrown1321

Right now , i am working with compatible cartridges.Is it a reason for
this happening?

--
JohnBrown1321

Old December 24th 09, 05:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Eric Shune[_2_]

yes, always stick to original.

also Epson printers appear to be the worst for clogging

Old December 26th 09, 07:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chuck[_2_]

Unless you use a printer constantly, it's best to stick with OEM ink. That
said, you can usually clear heads with Windex and a folded paper towel
soaked in Windex.
Basically, you place the Windex saturated Pad made of the paper towel
against the clogged head nozzles, and then put both in a Zip Lock Bag for a
day or two.
When that does not work, it may be necessary to flush the head by running
water into the ink intake of the head, and also with Windex. It may take
multiple iterations.

I just went through this process with a Cannon S750 that had a completely
clogged black head, and working color heads. It required several days of
sitting in the plastic bag, and several flush cycles, followed by the usual
in printer cleaning cycles to get it going again. You can generally tell
when the head is starting to unclog by looking at the paper pad.

In the past, I've also used distilled water, alcohol, and some other diluted
cleaners. The Windex worked well, though perhaps a bit slower than some of
the other choices.
I tried this method as a last option before junking the printer, since a
newer, faster better printer is cheaper than the cost of a replacement head
assembly.