Old March 28th 07, 12:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
can't delete outbox message.

Default Unsent messages in outbox

when i try to delete the message in the outbox i get this messa

An unknown error has occured. (with an OK box)

If i let it sit for severan seconds, a new box comes up:

Deleting Message.

this sits there for ever, never deleting the message.

this message was sent out ok i beleave, if i go back and look at the message
it says:

Message could not be displayed
Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this
message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

this is getting annoining... please help to delete this.
thanks.
paul.............

"R. C. White, MVP" wrote:

Hi, Michelle.

If you get that error message again, please copy it and post it here
verbatim. Even if it is confusing to you (and maybe to me), it will mean a
lot to the folks here who can help you. (POP3 is the current version of
Post Office Protocol, or something like that.)

Your mail server name may not be correctly entered in Tools | Accounts, on
the Server tab in Properties for your server. News servers don't always
require passwords, but Mail servers usually do, and some of them require
other security features, too, like SPA. And some mail servers will refuse
to send mail unless you are logged on to them directly, rather than through
another portal, even though they might download incoming mail for you.

If you are still having the problem, please post back with more details.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Mail in Vista Ultimate x64)

"Michelle" wrote in message
I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust