new konica-minolta printer magicolor 4650, with lots of printerdrivers (win 7)

Old December 24th 09, 11:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
c++ newbie!

Default new konica-minolta printer magicolor 4650, with lots of printerdrivers (win 7)

On 24 Dec., 01:59, "Ken Blake, MVP"
wrote:
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:46:10 -0800 (PST), "c++ newbie!"
Let me guess: You don't happen to know anything about ppd, pcl, xps
etc, like I asked about?

I was going to reply to you with more info until I read that line.
Have it your way. You're not interested in what I have to say, and
you've convinced me that I'm not interested in trying to help you

Good luck!

If you don't have anything to say, then I'm definitely not interested
in hearing what you "have to say". At least nothing you wrote helped
me anything.
Old December 26th 09, 08:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chuck[_2_]

ppd, pcl, xps
PCL stands for "Printer Control Language"
You can easily search the internet for the other two.
Basically, You only install drivers appropriate to your OPS system. Others
can be present, and indeed, if you are going to share a printer with other
P/C's running a different version of the ops system, perhaps they should be
available for download to those other systems.

Since you signed in using C++newbie, and then went off in a tizzy, it's
doubtful that you will get much further help here. Don't irritate the grey
beards, or they will just ignore you. Life is too short.

Old December 26th 09, 08:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chuck[_2_]

ppd, pcl, xps
PCL stands for "Printer Control Language"
You can easily search the internet for the other two.
Basically, You only install drivers appropriate to your OPS system. Others
can be present, and indeed, if you are going to share a printer with other
P/C's running a different version of the ops system, perhaps they should be
available for download to those other systems.

Since you signed in using C++newbie, and then went off in a tizzy, it's
doubtful that you will get much further help here. Don't irritate the grey
beards, or they will just ignore you. Life is too short.

Old December 27th 09, 01:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
c++ newbie!

On 26 Dec., 09:35, "Chuck" wrote:
ppd, pcl, xps
PCL stands for "Printer Control Language"
You can easily search the internet for the other two.

Yes, I did a bit of that before asking the question. I'm astonished
the accompanying documentation included in the driver directories is
so poor, that it at least doesn't help a newbie like me. On the other
hand, it's not critical that I ever understand these files.

Basically, You only install drivers appropriate to your OPS system. Others

I don't know what an OPS system is.

can be present, and indeed, if you are going to share a printer with other
P/C's running a different version of the ops system, perhaps they should be
available for download to those other systems.

I'll share the printer with 2 pc's. Nothing big. Home-network.

Since you signed in using C++newbie, and then went off in a tizzy, it's
doubtful that you will get much further help here. *Don't irritate the grey
beards, or they will just ignore you. Life is too short.

What has anything to do with "signing in as C++newvie" and also "went
off in a tizzy" is a bit over-exaggerated in my opinion.

Old December 30th 09, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
NewIT

Hello C++

Just to give you an idea ...

UPD might be short for Universal Printer Driver
PCL - faster and used basically for printing from MS application
PS - this is better especially for Printers with true postscript, used
basically for printing from Adobe application
PPD - for MAC printing
XPS - uses smaller spool file sizes and can reduce network traffic and
improve print performance.

However, you can search on internet for further INFO.

Cheers,