Unable to create print object

Old December 31st 09, 02:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Johnboy

Default Unable to create print object

I recently purchased a Lexmark Pro700 Series All-in-One Wi-Fi printer. I set
it up on my network without much difficulty. I then loaded the printer
drivers onto two Dell Insprions (one laptop operating VISTA, one desk top
operating Windows 7) without difficulty. I then was able to load it up on a
HP Laptop (operating Xp) and they all connected and was able to print.
HOWEVER, I attempted to load it onto a Dell 1737, operating with VISTA Home
Premium, service pack-2 and x86 system type. Everything seems to load but
the drivers. The Wi-Fi is able to capture the printer, but after the drivers
are installing, I receive the message, "Failed to create print object Lexmark
Pro700 Series (Network). Print drivers are unknown (1797)" If I try to
activate the program for the Lexmark printer on my menu (after install) I get
the message, "Print driver are not recognized (0x00000002)." I have
uninstalled all of the files and reinstalled using the printer cable, without
success. I have downloaded all applicable updates from Lexmark, again without
success. I tried to install in safe mode and received an error message that
there was a problem with the spooler service. I was online with the Lexmark
help desk and the person remoted into the computer, again, no success. The
individual stated that a higher level technician would have to help. It has
been 24 hours and they have not contacted me. I am at a lost. Does anyone
have any suggestions short of buying another printer (and possibly having the
same problems)?
--
At Your Service
Old January 3rd 10, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
NewIT

"JohnBoy" wrote in message
[...]

Obviously, Dell 1737 is the issue.