Trying to uninstall redundant printer item from Programs and Featu

Old January 13th 10, 08:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hilary

Default Trying to uninstall redundant printer item from Programs and Featu

I started getting printer errors with my laptop, and am about to reinstall
Epson's drivers & other software. I unistalled the printer, made sure it
was removed from Control Panel etc, and removed all the Epson files I could
find (even though that'll mean also reinstalling my seperate scanner, also an
Epson!).

Except for 1 thing, that is. An Epson uninstaller is still showing in
Programs and Features. I can't uninstall it; when I try, I get a box showing
the model & version. The OK button is greyed out ('Cancel' is the only way
out).
The same printer works fine with my desktop (so at least it isn't faulty in
itself). The uninstaller in the notebook shows no file size (while other
items do); but then neither does the one in the desktop. The file I'm trying
to get rid of is from the printer's first installation (I'd done 2).
I just want to make sure nothing confuses this next install, given that it's
quite a sophisticated model (and I've had enough fun getting various printers
to work to last me a while!).
I looked for the file in Windows Explorer, in all places on the hard disk
that seemed possible, but can't find it. Any ideas for a way to
uninstall/remove/delete it (or at least rename it)?
It's Vista Home Premium SP2.
The printer's an all-in-1, Epson Stylus Photo PX700W (Artisan 700 in the US).

(In case you're thinking I must be rich to have a dedicated scanner as well,
it's because my old scanner needed replacing, before I knew that I couldn't
use my excellent 9-year-old HP Deskjet any more, as HP won't give it a Vista
driver).

Old January 14th 10, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hilary

"Curious" wrote:

Can't you just right click on the redundant printers in the list of printers
and select Delete?

Thanks Curious, but I'd already done that. It might be all that's needed
after uninstalling the printer, but I don't know, and I'd like to save all
the avoidable trial and error I can. I was trying to remove all remaining
Epson files from the computer. Epson recommends it (if I remember right),
and it seems to hold true for reinstallations generally (I gather they can be
thrown off track by existing files with matching names).

The stubborn item (Epson Uninstaller) is in Programs and Features, which
doesn't have any option to delete that I can find (only uninstall, or
uninstall/change). I'm trying to find out if there's a way of viewing it
somewhere else on the hard disk, where there might be a delete option (or
maybe a remame option would do).

Old January 19th 10, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hilary

Problem solved by getting CCleaner, which deleted the item for me from
Programs & Features.
Old January 19th 10, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hilary