Vista Banter

-   Security and Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/security-windows-vista/)
-   -   Bypassing the login screen (http://www.vistabanter.com/177698-bypassing-login-screen.html)

PT[_3_] January 25th 10 10:43 PM

Bypassing the login screen

This is a Windows 7 question, but I知 hoping the answer is the same as
for Vista.

I'm the sole user of my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 computer. There is
no security problem of misuse by others.

By default, the Windows 7 file structure has set up as users:

All Users
Default User
PT
Public

Whenever I either reboot the computer, or whenever it awakens from a
nap, I'm presented with a login screen with an icon for PT which I
must click to open the desktop.

Is there a simple way to eliminate this login screen?

housetrained January 27th 10 01:24 AM

Bypassing the login screen

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message
Same as in Vista.

--
Peter

"PT" wrote in message
This is a Windows 7 question, but I知 hoping the answer is the same as
for Vista.

I'm the sole user of my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 computer. There is
no security problem of misuse by others.

By default, the Windows 7 file structure has set up as users:

All Users
PT
Public

Whenever I either reboot the computer, or whenever it awakens from a
nap, I'm presented with a login screen with an icon for PT which I
must click to open the desktop.

Is there a simple way to eliminate this login screen?

type netplwiz in start and go
--
John the West Ham fan