Can I delete a file that is in use

Old January 27th 10, 11:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Michelle[_4_]

Default Can I delete a file that is in use

I have a malocious file called
sdra64.exe

it's in my appdata\roaming folder

I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program

How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow?

Thanks
Old January 28th 10, 12:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
John Barnes[_5_]

Don't know what system you are running, but you should be able to delete the
file (or better, rename it) using your install disk if you have one. The
procedure is different depending on the system.

Old January 28th 10, 03:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Tom Ponta[_2_]

Download and install Unlocker he
http://download.cnet.com/Unlocker/30...-10493998.html

Then R-Click the file and have Unlocker kill the associated process and
delete the file for you.

Buddha

Old January 28th 10, 05:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ǝиçεl

Hello Michelle,

Restart the computer into Safe Mode to then eradicate the pest

Safe mode prevents some, but by no means all--spyware services from running.
It is an excellent way to get started if something is resistant to cleaning
in normal mode, but it may not be all that is needed.

In Safe mode try to remove it with CCleaner

http://www.ccleaner.com
Note, uncheck Yahoos Toolbar

Download the basic version via
http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds.aspx
The basic version does not contain the disgusted Toolbar

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

.

Old January 28th 10, 01:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
DreamBrother

Create a file in notepad and save it with exactly the same filename and
extension(not as .txt), and in the same location as the file you wish to
remove, Windows will alert you that a file named as such "already
exists, do you want to replace it?", answer yes, and the troublesome
file is sent to the recycle bin.
--
Mr Wig says Alfonse has to go outside now.