Vist activation key

Old February 2nd 10, 09:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jonathan Crawford

Default Vist activation key

Hi

I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.

I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
is anyway i can get hold of this.

Kind regards

jc

Old February 2nd 10, 11:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Rick Rogers

Hi,

Follow the links and steps outlined he
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

.. .

Old February 2nd 10, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
DL[_3_]

The link posted will not help as its an oem version, MS does not support oem
versions.
You are basically screwed, you should have used a key finder before you
reinstalled

Old February 2nd 10, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
LVTravel

"DL" wrote in message
The link posted will not help as its an oem version, MS does not support
oem versions.
You are basically screwed, you should have used a key finder before you
reinstalled

"Jonathan Crawford" wrote in message
.. .
Hi

I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.

I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
is anyway i can get hold of this.

Kind regards

jc

DL, I think you may be wrong on this one. MS will support some OEM systems
if the OEM is no longer in business as the link that Rick gave states about
1/2 way down the page. The OP said that the company is not in business any
longer.

Old February 2nd 10, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Andrew Murray[_8_]

That's a good one: "My Dog ate my Product Key".

I suggest you contact the computer supplier you purchased from - since they
supply the OEM Windows disk/product key; you will need your receipt/proof of
purchase handy.

Perhaps you can get another OEM copy (with new key) - for a nominal charge
fee I would assume and not perhaps without a hardware purchase because OEM
Windows should only be supplier with a new computer (usually) or other
significant hardware purchase (motherboard / processor, hard drive etc).

Old February 2nd 10, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Andrew Murray[_8_]

I missed the part about the company going under.

I suppose you can purchase another OEM copy from any supplier - along with a
hardware purchase as mentioned below, unless MS can help, I don't know.

In Australia, OEM Windows is usually only supplied with New PC's - in the US
or elsewhere this might be different.