Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Messages in Inbox have disappeared...Help 911

Old February 7th 10, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bubey

Default Messages in Inbox have disappeared...Help 911

All my msg's in my Inbox and Sent Inbox have disappeared. And like others I
had older msg's I don't want to loose. The Local Folders I created have all
retained the messages in them.
Why ?
Can I get them back? Is there someplace on the hard driver where
I can retrieve them from?
I'm running Win Vista Sp2 w/2gb memory............Thanks !

Old February 7th 10, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bruce Hagen[_2_]

I am not sure, but just to clarify, you are running Vista with Windows
Mail? I only ask since this was posted using XP and Outlook Express. That
I could help with.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Old February 7th 10, 07:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bubey

Yes, Thank you Bruce.
I sent the inquiry on my XP/OE laptop. I've been having a lot of
frustrating issues with Vista & Windows Mail so I'm giving up and
going back to XP/OE.

And I do have the "view/show all message" box clicked"

Old February 7th 10, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bubey

Bruce, I saw a post by Gary VanderMolen regarding a
Advanced Outlook Repaid to help undelete e-mails. However I
did delete them, that I know of, but would this work for finding
getting those Inbox Messages back ? The sent one's aren't that
important, just nice if I could get them back.
Thanks!

Old February 7th 10, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bruce Hagen[_2_]

I know ways to recover messages in Outlook Express, but not WinMail.
(That's why I asked). You'll need to wait to see if anyone has a trick for
your issue.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Old February 7th 10, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bubey

Could I please get the links for OE. Just in case.
and
Suggestion on where's the best to post this question. I can
do it from the Vista PC if necessary.
Thanks !

Old February 7th 10, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bruce Hagen[_2_]

You are in the right place for help with Windows Mail. No recovery method
made for OE will work for you. WinMail uses a completely different data
file system.

You can ask here also if you wish.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...orking/threads
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Old February 16th 10, 08:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bubey

Bruce, I haven't gotten a reply back on the lost messages, but some of the
important ones are still here in OE. So I would like to come back to my OE.
I've had it with Vista.
How can I do an export from Vista's Windows Mail and then import them into
Outlook Express ? I saw PA Bears note about doing a drag and drop of ".eml
files but how do they convert to the .dbx format for OE ?
Thanks in advance for the help !