Cannot Extract to hard drive

Old January 31st 07, 07:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Brew

Default Cannot Extract to hard drive

This is the message I get when trying to run the setup with the digital
locker...

Cannot extract Windows Vista Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that
you can create files and folders in the same folder where VistaSetUpPrep.exe
was downloaded.

Any suggestions??
Old January 31st 07, 10:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
KP

I get the same error. I tried to create a backup disk and it does not see
the disk in the dvd burner. Someone please help us!

Old February 1st 07, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
dabear

I'm havin the same error

'Screenshot' (http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9796/errorke8.gif)

I download Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit using Digital Locker.
Using XP Home SP2

--
dabear
dabear's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21552

http://forums.techarena.in

Old February 2nd 07, 01:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Pipedream24

I downloaded the same version. I called Microsoft and they stated it was a
problem with the service from which I downloaded it; so I should contact
them. I called Circuit City they said there was nothing they can do. I need
to contact Digital Locker but the only take support request via email. So I
emailed Digital Locker and still have not received a response. I've decided
I'm going to do an electronic return and just purchase the disc. Hope
everyone gets a solution to this. Good Luck.

Old February 3rd 07, 05:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
toasinger

Hey I actually work in microsoft tech support and I'm really interested in
getting this issue resolved. Is anyone online right now with this problem so
that maybe we can try troubleshooting a few ideas?
Old February 3rd 07, 08:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Brew

Any ideas you can throw out there, so we can try em?