Blank Laptop screen - intermittent

Old February 18th 10, 01:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gatorbikerbob

Default Blank Laptop screen - intermittent

Hi All,

My HP Pavillion dv9500 laptop screen has gone blank. The computer works fine
and is able to use a monitor plugged into the VGA port. I thought the screen
just went out, it's just over 2 years old and of course, 2 months out of
warrenty. However, after the sceen had not worked for about a week, it came
back on. I was using the laptop with a monitor, and all of a sudden, a window
popped up and asked if I wanted to duplicate the 2nd monitor or stretch the
desktop across both monitors. I looked over at the laptop screen, and sure
enough, it was back on! I turned off the computer, and turned it back on the
next day and the screen was out again and has not came back on since. I have
updated the video card drives, seperate nVidia GeForce card, not integrated.
I have yet to take the laptop apart to check cables because I have not played
around with a laptop, only desktops. Thanks for any suggestion...
--
Regards,
Bob
Old February 18th 10, 02:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ashvin

it is something to do with the connection linked to the main board.. if
you know a little about hardware it can be an easy fix

--
ashvin

Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-