Old March 29th 07, 03:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Gary VanderMolen

Default Can't get wireless laptop to connect

My router is a bit obscure. It's a Link-Max LM-341.
It fails the NAT Type (symmetric NAT), and the UPnP Support Test.
The other tests pass.

Gary VanderMolen

"Karl Froelich [MS]" wrote in message ...
Which tests does it fail? The text description explains the effect of the
tests that fail.
It is possible for a router to fail all of the tests except the 1st one, and
will work "fine" - depending on what fine is. Each of the tests translates
to an experience, and with failling tests, then your experiences in those
scenario's will either be degraded or will not work.

K.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of a router are you running?

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message
Interesting tool. My router fails two of the tests, but it works fine.

Gary VanderMolen

"Kim [MS]" wrote in message
Thanks, Barb.

Kristen, Gary, and others,

We've just published a new tool to test your router. Feel free to give
it a go and send us feedback:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx