Can't Print Color

Old February 20th 10, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Connie[_3_]

Default Can't Print Color

I have an HP 2210 and I'm unable to print in color. My color cartridge is
good. I'm also unable to access printing preferences. No matter how I try to
access preferences, it just flashes quickly and won't display. I'm wondering
if it's some how set to grayscale. Any ideas how why I can't display
preferences?

Old February 22nd 10, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

You print driver is corrupting the memory of the process loading the UI.
This normally occurs when upgrading the HP driver to a newer driver when the
newer driver does not properly interpret the registry keys that the old
print driver used.

If this is a connection to a machine sharing the printer, delete the
connection, then remove the driver package, then reconnect. Local printer
just delete the printer used then uninstall application to remove the print
driver and install the most recent driver for the OS you have.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

news