Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

card reader and errors

Old February 25th 10, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
iluv my kitties and family

Default card reader and errors

Toshiba a305-6905 3gb laptop. 1.5 years.
All of a sudden I stick a Sony memory stick and a I tried a filled sd card
to ensure it wasn't one of the either and regardless I get an error.
Shows up when inserted on my computer but no pics will be displayed because
it says the media card needs to be formatted first even with pics on it. So
I played along and let the computer tried to format the card and it computer
is unable to format. Storage on portable media is not in the lock position.
Pics will show up on camera and printer so I know this is computer related
only. Shows up on device manager as Ricoh memory stick, says it has the
latest driver.
I will go for a usb card reader if necessary. Before spending $20 anyone
have any ideas or suggestions? I am the administrator. Just started just
like that but I could be wrong, don't remember at the time, but I think it
started happening after the computer awoke from sleep mode. I use Vista 32
bit. Avast and Malwarebytes installed along with CC cleaner programs.
Defender is off. Help? I would be willing to call you or vice versa to see
if you are familiar with the repair trying to fix over the phone.
thanks, Bruce

or is this something where I have the wrong sharing settings-what a pain- xp
was better. I am not a computer guru obviously so please make it is simple
to understand.

Old February 26th 10, 09:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
DL[_3_]

Have you installed any driver updates via MSUpdate?
Review your update history if unsure.
If you have, reinstall drivers from Tosh site, specific to your model