Old March 29th 07, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Bonnie.

Default Unable to save files on memory stick - keep getting Error 0x80

I am having the same problem trying to save pictures to a USB flash stick. I
have tried reformating the card, but I get the same error that occurs when I
transfer files. I have tried copying by copy-paste method, as well as
right-click-send to 'J' drive method.

I understand your suggestion of making multiple folders, the only problem
the reason I am transfering photos to the flash card is to I can use it with
a digital picture frame. The digital picture frame does not recognize
folders so pictures cannot be placed in them.

Any other suggestions?

"Freon" wrote:

Bootsja, here is how i fixed my issue. Formated my memory card.(Right
click on drive and click on format option). Created new folders. (Right
click on desktop,click on new. Create folder). Name folder whatever you
want. I named mine Folder 1, Folder 2, ETC. Drag your songs,pictures
into a folder. Don't put too much in there. Then drag folder to your
memory stick. Keep doing this. I put 13 folders onto my card(Drive I)
and filled the card up with no problems. Hope this works for you. If
not, I will give you a link that gives other suggestions.

--
Freon
Freon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23939

http://forums.techarena.in