Windows fax & scan - Vista Business.

Old March 4th 10, 10:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
dddppp

Default Windows fax & scan - Vista Business.

Hello
I have been trying to utilise Windows fax and scan on a Vista Business
x32 machine.
When I try and add an account and set the programme up:

Tools-
Fax accounts-
Add-
Connect to fax modem-
Enter name- Next-

It says "the mentioned fax server is not available. Please correct the
server name and try again".

I have tried the following modems in this machine:
Zoom 3030 PCI modem
Broadcom BCM94212/I PCI modem
Intel 537EPG PCI modem
Conexant D850 PCI modem
US Robotics USR2884B PCI modem

I have used all the above modems on a Vista Premium with "Essential
Fax" third party programme with no problems.

Are all these modems incompatable, or am I experiencing a problem with
Vista.
Alternatively, can anybody recomend a modem they are using?

--
dddppp
Old March 4th 10, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine[_2_]

When you go to Tools Fax Accounts, the next dialog box will show you any
compatible fax modems that are recognized by the operating system.
Do any of these appear? The error message means WFS can't find a modem so is
searching for a network fax modem.
The VHCL list will tell you which modems are compatible.
--
Russ Valentine

Old April 7th 10, 02:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chuck[_2_]

Windows Fax has been a source of much grief. Why don't you go with your
successes and use "Essential Fax" again?