Answer to the most annoying problem of Windows 7

Old March 16th 10, 11:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Brian

Default Answer to the most annoying problem of Windows 7

This message was posted here because:
1. I couldn't find any newsgroup on Microsoft Communities for Windows 7
(which I believe is an absolute must)
2. the program mentioned at the end would also work for Vista.

From day one of upgrading to Windows 7, I was faced with the unpleasant
reality that Win7 doesn't remember the size and position of folders. To
further
torture me, for some reason unknown to me, it began to restrict some
programs' windows--such as IE , Outlook, Chrome, and a few other--to a fixed
size and position, not allowing any change no matter how many times I
resized, repositioned and restarted them. I even went as far as deleting the
"frame" entry in the registry for some programs such as Outlook, but it just
made the window to open in a new smaller uncompromising size and position!

After a very long time spend on searching the net and reading no-solution
answers, all I was able to find a little utility called "ShellFolderFix"
which through its awkward interface, solved the problem for Windows folders,
but not the programs. I read comments saying that they had bad experience
with some paid programs (such as Windows Manager) which allowed fixing the
size and position of program windows and nobody knew of anything that
worked.

Tired of spending more hours than a fulltime job on the issue, I was about
to give up when on my very last try I stumbled upon a fantastic *little*
freeware developed by someone in Japan which not only allows for fixing the
size and position of folders as well as *program* windows, but it also has
many other features which I hadn't even heard before. Furthermore, it's only
60 kb, doesn't require
installation (just run the file), and it allows for selective fixing of the
size and position of the program Windows, and it also works on XP, Vista
and Windows 7!

Why such a long post on my little discovery? because through my many days of
searching, I came across many people with the same problem, and thought that
the least I could do is to share this wonderful solution with as many people
as
I can and save them the time and trouble of trying things that won't work.

Program's name is "Pitaschio" (no, not pistachio!)

Link: http://pitaschio.ara3.net

Enjoy,

Brian

Old March 17th 10, 09:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Andrew Murray[_8_]

Please refer to the support forum for Win 7.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ult.aspx?tab=2

"Brian" wrote in message
This message was posted here because:
1. I couldn't find any newsgroup on Microsoft Communities for Windows 7
(which I believe is an absolute must)
2. the program mentioned at the end would also work for Vista.

From day one of upgrading to Windows 7, I was faced with the unpleasant