sevice packs not included in windows update??

Old March 18th 10, 08:51 PM
smills98823 smills98823 is offline
Junior Member

Question sevice packs not included in windows update??

I am running windows vista home premium and have had to reinstall. When going through the windows update the service packs dont show up. do i need to download and install manualy?
Old March 18th 10, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Leroy[_5_]

Default sevice packs not included in windows update??

Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service packs are not available
for installation through Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#method5

Old March 19th 10, 12:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Parrott

"Leroy" wrote in message
Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service packs are not available for
installation through Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#method5

I beg to differ as it is available......I was offered to install it through
WU but I had already d/l it and did a manual install

God Bless... :-)

Old March 19th 10, 09:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Tom Allen[_3_]

"Parrott" wrote in message

"Leroy" wrote in message
Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service packs are not available
for installation through Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#method5

I beg to differ as it is available......I was offered to install it
through WU but I had already d/l it and did a manual install

God Bless... :-)

That KB article's title doesn't mean they are not available, it
describes the situations in which some users may not be offered them.

Tom