Startup Repair Loop HELP

Old March 21st 10, 03:39 PM
Brandon1 Brandon1 is offline
Junior Member

Default Startup Repair Loop HELP

All of a sudden my computer has fallen into a startup repair loop

i start my computer, and it goes into startup repair. It finds nothing wrong, but also says that it cannot repair my computer automatically. I press finish to restart my computer, and when it reboots, it goes to the exact same thing.

Now i try on the restart to press f8 and get to that menu. When i do, i get a black screen that says:

Invalid configuration information - please run SETUP program
Time-of-day not set - please run SETUP program
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility
Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.

So from here, where do i go

I pressed F1, and of course, it restarts, and brings me back to the startup repair
I press F2, and it brings me to the setup utility, with which i don't really know how to do anything

If I press F5, though, I get a message giving me an error code of:
2000-0146. If anyone knows what this means that would help maybe.

It gives me the option to continue, to stop, or to retry
if I stop it, it reboots and goes to startup repair
if I continue, it does a series of tests, including memory tests that take about 30-40 minutes.
Retrying only gives me the error again.

if anyone has ANY info on what this could be it would be greatly appreciated