Update KB980182

Old March 31st 10, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ward

Default Update KB980182

I downloaded and installed MS update KB980182 and now the computer runs a lot
slower when I am using Internet Explorer. I have done everything I can think
of to rectify the problem but it does no good. When I unistall the update, IE
runs at its
normal speed and when I reinstall it, the problem returns, therefore it has
something to do with this update.
Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution to this problem?
Old March 31st 10, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Tom[_26_]

"Ward" wrote in message
I downloaded and installed MS update KB980182 and now the computer runs a
lot
slower when I am using Internet Explorer. I have done everything I can
think
of to rectify the problem but it does no good. When I unistall the update,
IE
runs at its
normal speed and when I reinstall it, the problem returns, therefore it
has
something to do with this update.
Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution to this problem?

I just downloaded and installed KB980182. After restarting, it finished its
installation.

Checking my I.E. access speed, I found it to be either the same or faster.

Old March 31st 10, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
pr

I installed it (don't use IE) and hyperlinks in Outlook 2003 take MINUTES to open - other slowness related to internet access noted also. Bad patch.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...pdate-KB980182
Old March 31st 10, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ward

Thank You Tom, however I was referring to the speed that IE itself shows the
info on the screen. The Upload and Download speeds of the internet are
unchanged only the internal computer speeds.
Using the same Web Sites, ect. the speeds at which they appear on the
monitor are greatly reduced when the update is installed.
When a internet speed test is done, there is no change, therefore there is
some effect on my browser and I do not know where.

.

Old March 31st 10, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dave-UK[_2_]

"Ward" wrote in message
Thank You Tom, however I was referring to the speed that IE itself shows the
info on the screen. The Upload and Download speeds of the internet are
unchanged only the internal computer speeds.
Using the same Web Sites, ect. the speeds at which they appear on the
monitor are greatly reduced when the update is installed.
When a internet speed test is done, there is no change, therefore there is
some effect on my browser and I do not know where.

Maybe it's an add-on that doesn't like the update.
Start All programs Accessories System tools Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

See if running like that makes a difference.

Old March 31st 10, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Gia Stredla

Default Tried to uninstall KB980182 unsuccessfully

My system got very slow immediately after installing kb980182 on vista64. I tried to uninstall and got a "fail to uninstall" message. After rebooting, vista crashes at the "configuring updates: 3 out of 3 0%" screen. Booting in safe mode does not help as it leads to same screen for configuring the updates (I presume it tries to complete the uninstall?)
Any advice would be appreciated

Dave-UK wrote:

Maybe it is an add-on that does not like the update.
31-Mar-10

Maybe it is an add-on that does not like the update.
Start All programs Accessories System tools Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

See if running like that makes a difference.

BizTalk Custom Pipeline for Splitting Messages
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ipeline-f.aspx

Old April 1st 10, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
KR

"Ward" wrote:

I downloaded and installed MS update KB980182 and now the computer runs a lot
slower when I am using Internet Explorer. I have done everything I can think
of to rectify the problem but it does no good. When I unistall the update, IE
runs at its
normal speed and when I reinstall it, the problem returns, therefore it has
something to do with this update.
Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution to this problem?

It actually did more than that on both Vista machines, can't log into
Windows Live Messenger, unable to get updates for Security Essentials and
Microsoft Updates. It appears to be blocking ports. Uninstalling KB980182
restored Windows VISTA Ultimate back to normal.