Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   can't access temp folder under user profile (http://www.vistabanter.com/179884-cant-access-temp-folder-under-user-profile.html)

alving March 31st 10 09:58 PM

can't access temp folder under user profile

Hi
I cannot access TEMP folder under user profile, or even access any file
in that folder. It says the folder is corrupt. I tried to run ccleaner,
however that didn't fix it. Could someone please suggest how I can get
rid of this folder and start a new one

Thanks
- Av

--
alving

ashvin April 1st 10 03:08 AM

can't access temp folder under user profile

ccleaner delete cookies etc but not profiles.. the user profile you are
using should have administrative rights..

--
ashvin

:D Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to fine
tune and provide better support..-

Antrikshy April 1st 10 03:45 AM

can't access temp folder under user profile

Hi there.

There's no temp folder for each user account. There is a common temp
folder at C:\Windows\Temp. Is that what you're talking about? Well, I
believe you need to be an admin to access that.

What error are you getting?

--
Antrikshy

ashvin April 1st 10 04:00 AM

can't access temp folder under user profile

I would rather say remove the hard drive.. connect it exoternally to
another pc.. take ownership of the folder and then delete it..
Thoughts??

Antrikshy April 1st 10 08:04 AM

can't access temp folder under user profile

No, ashvin, that won't do it. Probably it will show some errors if you
use another PC to delete it.

--
Antrikshy