Firewall

Old April 3rd 10, 12:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
anon_private[_9_]

Default Firewall

Ǝиçεl;1672025 Wrote:
I quote Bruce Chambers--a regular contributor he

There are two interfaces for Vistas built-in firewall:

1) A simplified one accessed through the Control Panel that is the
only
one most people see. To further supplement this view, Sphinx's Vista
Firewall Control http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/) is a piece of
freeware
that makes the Vista Firewall much more useful to the average user.

2) And the more advanced "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
(WF.msc), accessed via the Start Menu's Administrative Tools folder,
for
the experienced user who wants more granular control
-=-

"anon_private" wrote:

FromTheRafters;1671918 Wrote:
"anon_private"

wrote
in message ...

Hi,

Is it possible to interrogate the firewall?

Can it be configured?

Thanks.

Vista 32 bit Home Premium

Could you rephrase the question?

Can I view th details regarding the firewall.

Can the details be edited.

Can I learn more about the firewall

Can the firewall be controlled.

--
anon_private

.

Thanks for the two links via Control Panel.

Now I must search for a tutorial on the meanings of the allowed and
blocked.

I noted that my printer seems to have many inward allowed optiions. I
think it would stop working if these were not allowed.

Best wishes

anon_private

Old April 3rd 10, 12:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
FromTheRafters[_3_]

"anon_private" wrote
in message ...

FromTheRafters;1671918 Wrote:
"anon_private"
wrote
in message ...

Hi,

Is it possible to interrogate the firewall?

Can it be configured?

Thanks.

Vista 32 bit Home Premium

Could you rephrase the question?

Can I view th details regarding the firewall.

Can the details be edited.

Can I learn more about the firewall

Can the firewall be controlled.

Engel posted excellent references. Are you trying to do things
programmatically?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366415

Old April 3rd 10, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
anon_private[_10_]

Ǝиçεl;1672023 Wrote:
Firewalls FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/firewall.mspx

Exploring The Windows Firewall.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2007/06/VistaFirewall/default.aspx

Managing the Windows Vista Firewall
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc510323.aspx
*(read twice!)*

The New Windows Firewall in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
'The Cable Guy - January 2006' (http://tinyurl.com/ujg25)

Good luck